• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I found him!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He hasn't posted in the Folding@Home forum in a week.

Well, at least the xp "went to somebody who's dedicated to folding."

LMAO OMG is it so hard to believe there are two Gandalf's. But it seems that his production might have slowed, I can't tell untill I see if he posts any points today. I hope he is OK and I hope he gets that chip folding for 32 very soon!!!

Sorry. You couldn't see my tounge planted in my cheek.

Yes, it's too bad it didn't go to someone who is dedicated to team #32. But, hey, he didn't CHEAT. ;)

kendan said:
LMAO OMG is it so hard to believe there are two Gandalf's. But it seems that his production might have slowed, I can't tell untill I see if he posts any points today. I hope he is OK and I hope he gets that chip folding for 32 very soon!!!
Kendan, wake up and smell the coffee. There are not 2 Gandalfs. He has posted points today - for team #24. At least check this link.

http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/userpage?q=Gandalf

Hey, look at this one.

http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/userpage?q=Ned_Clocker

Do you think there are 2 Ned_Clockers?

You are right NedClocker. As one of the ones who whined about what you did, I admit I was wrong. If you'd won, then at least the chip would be folding for us.

I had nothing to gain by what I did, but sure as heck lost something. We could have had Ned using the chip to fold for us.

So Ned, please accept my belated apology.

that's why I didn't enter event hough I was sorely tempted. I still hang around here, but fold for my own team. If I'd won it though I don't think I coulda let it leave team 32 for awhile. I'd actually probably turn my current main chip to #32 and put the XP to my team, but still...stinks that he left after winning...least I didn't win something then run off...

At least he IS still Folding though.

At least he IS still Folding though. [/B]

i guess that is the good thing but i don't think it is right to win something from someone and then go somewhere else with it.

NASsoccer said:

i guess that is the good thing but i don't think it is right to win something from someone and then go somewhere else with it.
Not only somewhere else, but to a competing team. (He was with that team before he came here. Don't know why he came over here to start with.) AND, a team that is ahead of us, to boot.

Man, that's really messed up! From the looks of his score, he's been folding for them for a lot longer than anything he did with us. That's just not right! (someone call guido!, time to bounce a few noggins!:mad: ) Looks like a little screening needs to be done on the next contest or something....:mad: :mad: :mad:

there are two gandalf's. totally different person. I noticed this while contest was still going heck they don't even live in the same country.

Is it just a co-incidence that he hasn't had anything to say to us in a week, then? Could be.

Did he ever even say thank you for the cpu?

NedClocker said:
Is it just a co-incidence that he hasn't had anything to say to us in a week, then? Could be.

Did he ever even say thank you for the cpu?
I know it's two different people b/c ocua's gandalf was still doing wu's for them while the contest was going on and if it was the same person they would have had all of them folding for the contest or atleast I would.

Back