• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I "ran out of cooler"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A remount is in the works. Im fighting with a GPU at the moment. Im not going to bet any money on it, but I feel like it is a solid mount. Ive beefed de-lids before so I dont think I will try with this one until the price for a replacement comes down. Ive got some quieter fans on the way. I would push for higher clocks if it seemed reasonable, but all signs point to being maxed out. Its not that Im unhappy with my OC, but who wouldnt want more right? Maybe I can squueze some more mhz out of Dolks Guide :) Otherwise Ill just have to content myself with getting the rig to run quieter and maybe seeing if I cant push the ram speeds up a bit.

If you have any other hints/tips/tricks keep 'em coming, but I've got what I was after for now. Thanks for chiming in on this one, and I will be sure to let you know if I manage to get to 5ghz on air! :D

Edit: I had a minute to reseat the cpu and apply fresh TIM. I lost about a degree (So I am running 1 degree cooler). That is to the plus. My what a confusing sentence... losses are positive ... :) I will report back when the new fans come in

Last edited:
Capture.PNG

I got my new fans today. I moved the noisy ones back onto the fan controller and off of the CPU and put the skinny 140mm on the Megahalems instead. Two new -and quiet- 140mm now grace the ceiling of as well.

So the new config is:
1x 140mm Bitefenix Spectre Pro intake
2x 140mm Bitfenix Spectre (I didnt realize they werent the pro until I unpacked them. Its okay though :) ) exhause on the ceiling
2x Prolimatech Slim Vortex on the CPU
1x Rosewill RFA (?) something or other on the rear exhaust and another on the bottom intake.

All of these puppies are cranked to high and still quieter enough. I think those Rosewill were just vibrating like crazy against the heatsink or something, but they were god awfull loud in that position, and quite tolerable elsewhere. I can turn any fan I like to a lower RPM with the fan controller as long as I dont mind gaining a 1C on the core temps as well :)

Back