• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think this could work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
I just bought a 120 mm fan for blowing out the heat from my case. This is not new. What's new is that I bought a AC fan 120 VAC 0.12 A. To connect it I will new to get some AC current out of the PSU. Anyone has tried this kind of rig?

TT120

I'm using a 110 volt 120mm fan for intake through my radiator. I hooked it up to a second power cord through a relay thats hooked up to the 12 volts so that when I turn on my computer my pump and that fan come on. That fan moves ALOT of air and is pretty quiet.

proze

i don't think many people have taken power out of the psu, but loads have got ac fans. most use a relay like tt has.

ken257

I took apart a 400w psu and added an outlet on the inside that will take a standard computer power cord. I didn't want any extra wires running to my case. My psu has a switch on the back so I hooked the outlet to the switched side. In the past I had 3 120mm AC fans hooked to it now there is just my water pump.

There are some pics of the setup on my site. Take a look you might get some good ideas.