• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think this one is for the pros

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KeyboardCowboy

ok, about a month ago i had the great idea to connect a length of dryer ductwork to one of the AC vents in my basement, and then connect it to a hole/fan in the side of my case, i have one question

Will this setup create condensation????

Big Mike

Senior Head of Import Performance
Air conditioning systems normally remove most of the humidity from the air as they cool it <which helps make it feel cooler, the humidity actually condensates on the air conditioners cooling tubes>. So I seriously doubt you'd have any condensation issues with such a setup.

OP
K

KeyboardCowboy

samuknow (Jun 25, 2001 03:17 p.m.):
Is this your only air inlet source? If so you should be good to go.....

no, i also have a 80mm fan at the front as an intake, one at the back and one at the top as exhausts, should i not use the other fans???

samuknow

Well, what I was thinking is that you are forcing cool dry air into the case along with warm more humid air. This might cause a little moisture. I would use just the AC as an inlet and maybe a blow hole. Try for a little pos case pressure. This will keep the warmer room air out.

Let me know what your temps are before and after. I have been thinking of something similar..

Good luck...

surlyjoe

as long as its the only air coming into the case , it will not condensate ON THE INSIDE,, it may on the outside though depending on room temp ,,BTW it will also really kick arse :)