• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I tried to Unlock my 1800XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

hi guys ..im new but been reading through your great forum for about a week or two....
Last night I TRIED to unlock my 1800xp and didnt seem to work when I try to change multiplier to anything but stock I get no boot, no post ....just fans spinning..change it back to stock and all is good ...Method I used::
I taped off the L1 contacts and filled pits with super glue using a razor blade so i skimmed the top then pulled tape off...let dry...then cleaned L1 contacts with a eraser ...then taped around the L1's and put real skinny strips of tape in between L1's which I saw on the forum...then used Rear window defogger repair stuff to connect L1's and lets dry for few min's and pulled tape off then let it sit for a few hours ...it looked great but dont work.. Now one thing I noticed was the Defogger kit came with 2 tubes of stuff and when mixed together it had more of a pastey consistency not like a paint ...so I went to different auto store and bought a another one and it has a small bottle of stuff that looks more like a paint ya think that might have been my problem?...I know im gona try again anyway but was just lookin for some input...And slightly new to this overclocking thing but I think reading through your forum im gona get addicted:)
Thanks in advance

thx for reply ....and link
Ive already checked that one out and choose to go with the window defogger stuff cuz it hardens...how is it the grease doesnt drip or melt a little ? might be a dumb question cuz i see alot of ppl do it and it works but i thought something the hardened would be better ..

well I give up for now tried it last night and when I booted it was telln me I have a 1700+ and the multipliers were all messed up when I moved it up my speed went down ....I cleaned it all off and now its back to normal...whewww....after cleaning I tried just putting my FSB to 140 and got blue screened... :( back to stock for now I miss my games..lol..thinkin ill just upgrade to 2600...
thx

Back