• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wanna get into TEC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.


Jul 29, 2002
I wanna start using a TEC. But i'm not sure what peltier to get. Like wattage wise. I am gonna be cooling my AMD 2400. I am running a water cooling setup right now. But i'm using a spir@l waterblock. Is it possible for me to still use this block. If not should i just get he Maz3-1.

You'll need a TEC that's about twice the output of your CPU (in WATTS), your 2400 puts out about 68WATTS, so you'll need at least an 136WATT TEC, but as better cooling lets you OC even more I suggest you get at least a 172WATT TEC.

This is a good article to start with (IMHO), there's also a good article about insulation and preventing condensation (VERY Important....don't ask:p ) over at OCTools (It's for air cooled TEC's but it's still a good read).

Calculate Your output, I don't know how accurate it is, but it should give you a good idea about your wattage output. There's also a program called Radiate but I haven't seen an update for a long time.

At Kryotherm they also have a few nice programs (Freeware).

I can't tell you if your Spir@l can handle the heat, but I would give it a try first, just run your CPU at stock/default speed and CV or maybe a bit underclocked.