• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wanna lose 10 degrees C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chapsat.com

Registered
Hi, I am using a MSI-6337 (i815e PRO) Motherboard with PIII-850 Coppermine on it. I am using a CoolerMaster heatsink on it, i was previously using a Golden Orb, but neither of the will get the temp below 43-45 degrees celcius. I reckon losing anthoer 10 degrees seems reasonable. What should I do...

1 - Get A Global WIN
2 - Get an Alpha
3 - put a bigger(better fan) on the heatsink
(the current fan is a 60mm 4100RPM)
4 - or is there a better solution?

Are all of these ideas feasible, would changing the fan on top of the 'sink make a big difference???

Thanks guys, Merry Christmas

Andy

if theres snow on the ground then duct the case to the window thats what i did lost about 30 degrees celsius have no idea where they went if you have aprehensions about cutting up your case you can use card board like i did i took the dryer hoose and the box that my keyboard came in surprizingly the exact perfect size heh then a 80 mm fan on the hole about over the cpu sucking the cool air in to my case and since the entire case be super cold the chance of condensation is at a minimum over all the temps are fluctuating depends on the temp outside it worked for me

Thanks for tha tips guys, but unfortunately I dont have snow (Im from Adelaide South Australia, NO SNOW) i really need to now, if my board temp is about 29 degrees, and i get a way fast high powered fan strapped onto the heatsink will that increase its performance???

Had a look at Swiftek, but they are HELLA EXPENSIVE!

hope some one out there can give me a definite idea...PLEEESE

Most guys will tell you either to get the Global or the Alpha. I have a PIII 700E w/alpha P3125 and my temps at max load "never" get above 40c, and that's with my voltage maxed out at 1.9. My buddy also has an 850 w/alpha and under load is always under 40C too.

PIII 700E@1050 w/alpha, Abit BE6 II

Chapsat.com (Dec 22, 2000 09:50 p.m.):
Hi, I am using a MSI-6337 (i815e PRO) Motherboard with PIII-850 Coppermine on it. I am using a CoolerMaster heatsink on it, i was previously using a Golden Orb, but neither of the will get the temp below 43-45 degrees celcius. I reckon losing anthoer 10 degrees seems reasonable. What should I do...

1 - Get A Global WIN
2 - Get an Alpha
3 - put a bigger(better fan) on the heatsink
(the current fan is a 60mm 4100RPM)
4 - or is there a better solution?

Are all of these ideas feasible, would changing the fan on top of the 'sink make a big difference???

Thanks guys, Merry Christmas

Andy

Perhaps you should concentrate on case air flow? Venting the hot air through the top, and blowing the cool air in from the bottom may yield some decent results although I seriously doubt you'll see a 10 C difference. Remember, heat rises. Those temps you're throwing out are really high, have you used thermal paste on the CPU/HS? Another thing to check out.. arctic paste could make a small difference as well.

I went through hell trying to get my temp down. I have a collection of heat sinks in my closet to prove it. I ended up getting an Antec SX830 case and it solved all my problems. I have a P3 600@840 with a Global Win VOS-32 HSF before the new case I was running 39-43c under load now I am running 33-36c under a full load. The Antec is a great case it comes with 2 fans and spots for 2 more which I added. With all four fans my case temp is the same as ambient room temp

dadx2mj (Dec 23, 2000 11:48 p.m.):
I went through hell trying to get my temp down. I have a collection of heat sinks in my closet to prove it. I ended up getting an Antec SX830 case and it solved all my problems. I have a P3 600@840 with a Global Win VOS-32 HSF before the new case I was running 39-43c under load now I am running 33-36c under a full load. The Antec is a great case it comes with 2 fans and spots for 2 more which I added. With all four fans my case temp is the same as ambient room temp

Yeah, that sounds about right. My P3-600E@840 has a (worse-case) mobo/CPU temp of 36/41'C but it's usually at 34/39'C (I live in the tropics). I have a 'Twin Turbo' ventilator in my case and it kicks ***! I'm still with the retail P3 heatsink however...

dadx2mj (Dec 23, 2000 11:48 p.m.):

Yeah, that sounds about right. My P3-600E@840 has a (worse-case) mobo/CPU temp of 36/41'C but it's usually at 34/39'C (I live in the tropics). I have a 'Twin Turbo' ventilator in my case and it kicks ***! I'm still with the retail P3 heatsink however...

Back