• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want a new case........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow ÒÓ

Mod in Hiding
building a new toy, and I want a case to accommodate all my drives mainly.

I'm considering water cooling, and would like it all to fit neatly inside the case.

At the same time, I'm going to run RAID 5 with 4 or 6 drives (undecided as of yet) so I need room for the drives as well as holes to cool them (hopefully OEM holes as I hate to see fans sticking out of the top or side of a case).

A few of the basics will be a DVD drive, CD Rom, CD burner and a Live Drive (which takes up an extra 5 1/4 bay). An extra hard drive (so possibly up to 7 drives) and floppy of course. Possibly a second PSU (in case I also add a Peltier) and the typical Vid/Sound cards.

I realize I should just buy a rack mount system! lol

Gravity Man

I've got a Yeong Yang YY-0221 cube case, and it's wonderful. You could easily fit all the drives you want, but I'm not sure how much room there would be left over for watercooling, and you definitely wouldn't have room for a power supply for a pelt.

They do look really cool stacked on top of each other, though (my friend has 2 of them), so I suppose you could bolt them together, cut some holes and put the cooling stuff in 1 case and the rest of the computer in the other. :D

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
17 bay cube for $172 ($205 after shipping) at dealsonic
dealsonic_1712_29404086

dealsonic_1712_29420007

OP
Shadow ÒÓ

Shadow ÒÓ

Mod in Hiding
I absolutely love the Yeong Yang case, and considered that first. However I was interested to know if there was anything out there comparable.

Dunno Ridenow...........I'm afraid with a case like that, I'll be the next target for a terrorist airliner attack! What is that thing..........4' tall? :D Does it double as a kennel?
I'm being sarcastic......actually I've looked it over thoroughly and I'm considering it too. =)

Appreciate the suggestion Stedeman, but I think the Yeong Yang is just a little more appealing for looks.

Last edited:

Ridenow

Sneaky Moderator
Shadow ÒÓ said:
Dunno Ridenow...........I'm afraid with a case like that, I'll be the next target for a terrorist airliner attack! What is that thing..........4' tall? :D Does it double as a kennel?
I'm being sarcastic......actually I've looked it over thoroughly and I'm considering it too. =)

It is as tall as my desk and will not fit under it. So I have it next to my desk and end up setting drinks on top of it. I also have fans at the top to stablize it so it does not fall over (seriously!)

You do not want to know what I am thinking of doing to my YY cube. Lets just say 2 mobos, 4 processors....