• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want MORE !! MOAARRR :-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's fine. Higher frequency = higher bandwidth, but you can see 7ns lower latency. If you check my screenshots then you see that you have about the same bandwidth, but additional timings can give you 2-3ns lower latency. It can be also a matter of the software in the background or something else.
You can play with additional timings, but if it's stable then I would leave it like that as you won't make it much faster. As I said, maybe 2-3ns latency or maybe 1GB/s higher bandwidth.
Do I still test with Prime95 (Large FFTs) and if so, for how long?

I'm pretty sure the following is going to go way over my head, but...
Let's say I wanted to try and push things a bit further...

If I upped the voltage level and had better RAM cooling (no, I'm not planning on water cooling my DIMMs) - Would that enable me to do some extra tweaking??

BTW - Testing this one now:
CPU-Z  24-04-2023 22_54_52.png

[EDIT] - Didn't really improve anything that I can see... I probably missed some important detail, again...
AIDA-01.png

Last edited:
The performance won't be so much different at both settings. If you rerun the test, then it will give you a bit better results. Usually it's +/- 1GB/s and +/- 2ns. As I mentioned before, additional software in the background or some Windows services may slow it down a bit, so maybe it's faster, but you can't see it.
This RAM is scaling up to 1.6V, but at 3600-4000 you can't make more as it won't run at lower CL. The highest kits had 1.50-1.55V XMP profiles and over 5000+ clock, and were not sold with additional fans. Crucial would add it if it was required. I had no problems at 1.50V for 24/7 use, and I guess you won't really need a fan if you stay at 1.5V. Micron IC runs fine at higher temps than Samsung or Hynix, but of course, there are some limits. I guess you have to check it yourself, but as I said, I don't think you will need higher voltages.

Dang - Current settings not stable after all :cry:

Had a long play session the other day where the game I played crashed a few times (not unusual for Star Citizen) - But I decided to run another Prime95 test just in case - This time I just let it run for longer...

I am now back where I started :bang head

Pretty sure I'll ditch two DIMMs after I'm done with my video project in a few months.

Thanks for ALL the time you guys put into this!!!!!

I WILL be back !!

eh just try going back to tRP 17. You're chasing fractions of a fraction of a percent at this point.

Back