• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to extend this contest and get the rest of the forums involved but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
I need more prizes in order to do so...

The new contest system that I've designed is really nice because the contest does not go stale because there's at least 1 prize to give away every week...

In trying to get an article posted to the front page I was told that it may not make it until the contest is halfway over with :/ If we extend the contest, I can get the article posted and get some good plublicity for our team.

Please help me out, The credit card company tells me I can't buy anything else :chair: Anything will help, anything at all... Games, dvd drives, ram sticks, flash drives, graphics cards, processors, power supplies...

We have the power within ourselves to be the number 1 team, hold off evga and overtake MPC, the only limit is our motivation...

sneakysnowman

I may have another 2 8800GT (512MB) I can give away.

One I can take out of my dads PC. He doesn't need the muscle. I'll see it during the next week. I'll let you know then. I haven't seen the PC in ages, so I can't promise anything definitely yet.

The other one I won't need when my GTX295 returns from RMA. I no idea when that is. The store tells me "soon" - whatever that means.

Also the batman game is still up for grabs ... I'll PM you the code

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
Keep me posted on this, ozzlo. If you can extend the contest, I will make sure to get it up on the front page. I also need to talk to IMOG about the announcement he said he was going to post up. I may talk to one of the other mods about it, in case he is too busy. Either way, we didn't get enough to really promote this contest. We usually have something in the announcements, and now we can get something on the front page. I will also see if I can get a rush on an article if you want to write one up.:beer:

Porvalsh

Is there a donation system setup? I don't have anything valuable laying around but I'm sure some of us have connections at intel or computer stores and could get things for big discounts if we had cash to spare.

I can make T-Shirts for pretty cheap too if we want to give some of those away.

Porvalsh

Is there someone here that is good at graphic design to do this? I'm thinking a simple logo on the front with a larger graphic on the back.

I can work the production end of things and see if its viable once the design is picked out.

Bobnova

How about printing up t-shirts, selling them to T32 members and then using the profits to buy hardware to donate?
That's a cool idea, i like it.
The concept of a perpetual contest is cool too, though it might put a dent in the rosetta and seti teams.

gottcha

I have a used P4 chip and a new generic PSU 430 watts. I don't know if anyone would want to win them. I will be out of town until Tuesday.

OP
ozzlo

ozzlo

needs a background and some extreme drama...

Also not to spoil the great T-Shirt Idea but that is going to take some time to setup and get running and the contest could be over before we get a chance to allocate any funds for prizes... We need a couple more prizes to keep us afloat, I don't want to max my credit card because that comes up as a negative on my credit score... I'm pretty much done spending money for the next 3 months...

klear

let the lightningbolt be by itself and put OC FOLDING or TEAM 32 or OCFORUMS.COM somewhere in the mix

2c

Porvalsh

lets peel off the t-shirt idea then in another thread and we can work on it for the future.

Keep this thread on track.

A spring folding comp in march isn't that bad. Thats only a few months away.

OP
ozzlo

ozzlo

Thank you IMOG for making the front page article happen! I owe you one!

Now lets get some more prizes onboard, lure in millions and make cancer a thing of the past!!!

ebug122

lets peel off the t-shirt idea then in another thread and we can work on it for the future.

Keep this thread on track.

A spring folding comp in march isn't that bad. Thats only a few months away.
Deleted my posts to clean the thread up.

I'm going to a LAN in early January. I might be able to persuade a couple friends (one with an i7, few other with quads) to join the team.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
Article posted on frontpage. :)

Glad this made it to the front page. I meant to get to it, but I have been so busy today, that this is the first chance I have had to sit down and take a break. If there's anything else I can do to help out, let me know.

When this is done, I would like to get an article about who won, and what they won on the front page.

Surferseth

[email protected] in the City of Lost Angels
How about printing up t-shirts, selling them to T32 members and then using the profits to buy hardware to donate?

Didnt we have a T32 T-Shirt thread around here a while back?

This may be a $$ generator for the March Madness contest depending on how many people buy t-shirts, or hoodies, or whatever else is offered with T32 logo.

Do we have a standardized logo? If we do I can ask the wife to photochop some pics and T32 to could be displayed as a sponsor on some awesome surfing pics!

Edit: Awesome surfing pics like my Avatar! :thup:

Last edited: