• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i won a HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wired14

120gb maxtor and it should be here in 3 days!!!

im gonna have a total of 200gb !!
should i partition it or not? I was thinking something like 60gb 55gb and 5 for linux or maybe i should install linux ion another small gb hard driove by itself.

Did i mention that HD also comes with a brand new controler card? so if i want to have more than 3hd i can plug them in there :)

wow...people actually win stuff? I just thought it was lies...and the owners win the stuff :) Although...I did once win a goldfish...but that's the extent of my luck. I know people that won cars and more...but I only get the stupid fish...

Sounds nice...I'd make one HD linux if possible. That way you don't have to deal with the linux/Fat32/NTFS stuff all on one hard drive.

you can win things off of ebat? wow

and I don't mess with paritions, I just get another HD.

And I would use more than 5gigs for linux, I would use 10.

Linux on its own can get pretty big.

And Congratulations.

I personally have two 40 gig Maxtors in my sig.-rig. One of them are divided into:
-2 for win98(compatability issues)
-8 for linux(tryouts, general linux playground)
-rest for XP

Triple boot works fine. I use lilo for bootloader.

WD sent me 2 120gb hard drives recently when i RMA'ed 1 drive.

RMA status online showed 1 drive received, 2 drives shipped. sure enough, 2 drives in the box, both drives listed on packing slip.

Back