• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I would like to get my feet wet so to speak, again....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. $T$

A couple of Q's for ya peeps that are water gurus, I want to get my feet wet again, I say again because I have already tried water however the outcome was less then par with my attempt mostly becuase I went cheap and we all know what happens when we go cheap on water.

So I want to try again mostly due to my processor pushing more heat then last time, what I am looking at is a dual radiator set up with VGA and CPU blocks in between and a 1250 Eheim pump, the blocks will be a MCW5002 and either a DD maze four GPU or a MCW50 have not made up my mind yet.

But on the radiators the reason I want dual is because I want to keep my HDD cooling unit intact in the front of the case, because I like the active cooling. Plus I don't see it being a easy task fitting a chevy core in that little space (for reference it is a mid tower Lian-Li case) I want to take two 80mm radiators and attach them to the Blow hole on the top and the back fan under the PSU. Does anyone have any ideas on that concept and how it will work also to keep in mind I have a window and would like to keep it very neat and pretty.

On the setup I would like to make the loop Pump>Rad>CPU>Rad>GPU>Pump.... And hopefully 1/2 inch tubing if it can fit.

I am open to any ideas on anything and I made this thread as a start path to get a idea on where I am going with this, and how much to save up, and my budget is no greater then $300.

TIA :cool:

well, 1250 is a very good pump, but if u want 80mm radiators.. i'm guessing u want Blackice micros then. their expensive :-/ and not that great of a preformer as well as the small fittings which are 3/8", u would probably do better with a procore or a jr-120 (slightly smaller) from d-tek. you could put that under ur hard drive infront of ur case for instance if u have the room, 6.8" it would be great and very very cheap then two black ice (~88bucks!!)
as for the waterblock, the swifty isn't too bad, pretty good. if u have an amd i would recommend a Whitewater or RBX though, focused core cooling which make'em preform better.
if u decide to stick to the two rad set up though, it would be better if u went pump>rad>rad>cpu>gpu> instead, get rid of more of the heat before it hits the cpu..
hope that helps..

Hmm I just checked out D-Teks site out look like they sell some nice quality blocks, anybody have a take on them?

white water is very good block... get it and you wont regret it...

I favor danner mag 3 over the eheim 1250... but that just personal preference only.... eheim 1250 is one great pump, just make sure you dont restrict its intake... the intake needs to be 5/8 or bigger...

i think heater core itself is enough... I am very doubtful you will need to get 2 rad because... after water ran through those block... the water temp probably only increase 2 to 4 degrees only...

DTEK has good products. I'd be concerned about the radiator setup you're planning. Those 80mm BI micro's will be a very limiting factor. Maybe you could reconsider the space you have in your case... a little sawing for a true 120mm hole for a radiator could deliver a much better cooling system. DTEK sells good heatercores (6x2x7")that work with a 120mm fan (with shroud). One of those would be a fine choice IMO.

Do you have enough room in the top of your case for like a black ICe extreme or a D-tek Jr-120 radiator?

One of those would really outperform 3 or 4 BI micros.

Well I can attempt to get it to work maybe I can move my cage foward and put the radiator inbetween the front of the case and cage and have the air from the fan go over the Harddrives in the cage and into the case :)

That probally would be a better idea then two small overpriced radiators.

Back