• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wreckon it's time for some new media...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmyqwest

Disabled
I've bought three games this month, all of which required 2 cd's to install...i know it's a minor problem in this world of issues, but when an EA sports game needs 2 disks to install...i mean come on.

When will we start to see video games come on DVD disks :D

KaHNZa

Probably not soon, or at all. There are still alot of computers out there that don't have DVD drives. My PC doesn't.

OP
timmyqwest

timmyqwest

Disabled
What are you getting at here? you dont think people will adjust...many computers did not have cd rom drives when CD's came out

Gecedion

Two CDs isn't so bad, it's when it's more than that it starts to become absurd (D2). D2 was later released in DVD format, but apparently didn't meet Blizzard's sales expectations, and given the popularity of the company and game, DVD may be a little while.

Malpine Walis

Disabled
You guys make me feel old. before CD drives came around, we used to have to install from floppies. Windows came on seven disks. Microsoft Office (if you wanted a full install) came on something like seventy disks. You are miffed at having to install from two disks but in reality, you have no idea how good you have it. :D :D :D

Gecedion

Malpine Walis said:
You guys make me feel old. before CD drives came around, we used to have to install from floppies. Windows came on seven disks. Microsoft Office (if you wanted a full install) came on something like seventy disks. You are miffed at having to install from two disks but in reality, you have no idea how good you have it. :D :D :D
7? Which version? My 95 has at least 13, don't even get me started on system 7.5

DaveSauce

Substance was released on DVD, but ONLY because its such a MASSIVE game. Last I heard, it's 2 DVDs, but would have taken 10 CDs or something of the sort. I don't think it was their choice which media they used, lol.

anyway, that might be the reason that I get a DVD rom in my computer.

Maxvla

ut2k3 has 3 cds and i think enter the matrix has at least 3. its starting to get ridiculous.

i've been ready for software via dvd for a year now. bring it on!

Akumu X

Enter The Matrix has 4 cds...only because of the huge amounts of DivX on the discs. But anymore it seems like a game isn't a game unless it's got 3 or 4 discs. (Splinter Cell, Rave Shield, Balder's Gate 1/2, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 (i think) and others...)

I personally don't mind...

Zerileous

i think some companies are interested, back about a year ago i filled out several developers serveys asking wether i had a DVD drive.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
soon they will just sell games on chips ;) you'll have drive where you insert the chip and thats it :) no loading time you start to play and save whatever you want to your hDD :p

Gecedion

Akumu X said:
Enter The Matrix has 4 cds...only because of the huge amounts of DivX on the discs. But anymore it seems like a game isn't a game unless it's got 3 or 4 discs. (Splinter Cell, Rave Shield, Balder's Gate 1/2, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 (i think) and others...)

I personally don't mind...
WC3 was actually only 1, which was a surprize.