• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i3 or E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have nearly the same chip as you, just the e8400, clocked higher than yours, and yet your chip still gets a higher overall score than mine, and has higher integer math, and floating point math scores, yet all the other scores, mine are higher. i wonder why that is..
performancetest70.jpg

i havent any idea, but if you wanna get together and clock ours back to stock, and other points up to 4.5 ghz (my proven max on this chip) id be happy to do it and compare scores

i havent any idea, but if you wanna get together and clock ours back to stock, and other points up to 4.5 ghz (my proven max on this chip) id be happy to do it and compare scores

actually, after running it again a few more times, performance varies a fair bit from run to run, making me wonder about the quality of the benchmark

hmm, yours is more than a bit higher than mine...wonder if it has to do with the FSB or if the bench is just a really bad bench

i put mine at the same FSB that SamSaveMax had his at to get that clock speed, so i dont think it would be from the FSB

I don't think the bench is bad...background processes are running and variable so that could be a caveat. Could quality or better motherboard plays a roll?

I don't think the bench is bad...background processes are running and variable so that could be a caveat. Could quality or better motherboard plays a roll?

our motherboards are pretty equal..

here is the cinebench you wanted
dfdsf.png

Would either of these chips run AutoCAD or other design and computational software well? Or should I go with an i5 or i7?

for autoCAD and stuff like that, coded for a quad core...the quads will kill our chips

Only i5 750 is a true quad. i3 and i5 6xx series are dual cores with hyperhtreading to get 4 virtual cores.

so is the i5 750 the best bang for buck or is it worth to upgrade to i7? (at the expense of a more pricier mobo?)

Back