• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2500k 4.5ghz oc issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

milioaneee

Hello. So i oc'd my i5 2500k to 4.5ghz on a gigabyte p67a-d3-b3 and i have a few questions. I set the multiplier to 45x i tried with and w/o c-states, intel boost, llc enabled with an offset of -0.06 and i get a bios cpu vcore at 1.3. The problem is in every software (cpuz, hwmonitor,hwinfo64,coretemp) the cpu core voltage is at 1.06 idle AND full load on prime95. VID is changing only ranging from 1.34 to 1.41 .

I can't seem to understand if cpu vcore the software is reading is reliable or the vid. Where should i look at? Why my bios cpu vcore is different?

Thanks!

OP
M

milioaneee

In hwinfo i have CPU Vcore which is at 1.0x idle and going to a maximum of 1.32v which is the bios cpu vcore. And i also have VID on each core which is 1.34v on idle and 1.41v on full load in prime95. Shouldnt be the cpu vcore the correct one?

Theocnoob

What monitoring software are these readings from? Ultimately, your VID reading is not critical to the success of your overclock. CPU-Z is pretty accurate for your needs as far as vcore goes. If it checks out there you're pretty much good to go IMO.

OP
M

milioaneee

The readings are from HWINFO64 which i have been told that it should be the best at reading.
Here is a screenshot on idle.
23.jpg

OP
M

milioaneee

In cpu z i had on idle Core voltage 1.056v which wasnt changing on full load (idk why) and vid was ~1.34v on idle and 1.41v on full load

OP
M

milioaneee

I don't have cpuz installed anymore but when i tested it with prime95 the Core voltage in cpuz WAS NOT changing it was staying at 1.056-1.068, only the vid changed. In hwinfo the Vcore went to a maximum of 1.32v on prime95, which is also the VCore in bios.