• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5-2500k - Multi LLC - Vcore - Wattage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Call me crazy...but what would it take to pass 20 minutes of Prime95 sFFTs? Extreme pain and a lot MORE VOLTS! :)

LOAD

LOAD = 300 watts

IDLE

Last edited:
What are you most recent stable settings?

I am getting a little bit of stutter in games a some points, and when running the Intelburn Test v2.52 set to Maximum the freeze test is a little stutter too. Also ran prime95 and temps where at 77C max.

Here are my current settings as i have went off this thread,
Gigabyte GA-z68xp-ud3
Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
Samsung Spinpoint
Corsair Vengenace 8-8-8-24 1600MHZ

Highest Temp reading was 80C, that is getting a little warm for my liking i would like to keep it around 70C-76C at full load
Idle 38C
45x
C1E, C3/C6, EIST, Intel Thermal monitor all enabled
LLC Level 5
1.300 Vcore
1.150 QPI/VTT
1.100 Graphic Core
1.815 CPU PLL
1.5 DRAM

SUGGESTIONS???

My system now has an add-on GT 240 512MB DDR5 GPU

This is my current stable 24/7 setting @ 4.7GHz (47x)

ENABLED: C1E, C3/C6, EIST and Intel Thermal Monitor
CPU Vcore; NORMAL
Dynamic Vcore: +0.110v
QPI/VTT: 1.160v
Graphic Core: 1.160v
Internal Graphic Clock: 1500
PLL: 1.815v
RipjawsX 8GB (2x4GB) 888-24 98-1T @ 1600MHz @ 1.52v

LLC will be automatically disabled when using this Dynamic Vcore mode.

Your milage may vary.

Last edited:
I am better off using the Dynamic VCore than LLC?
Also do you have BCLK/DMI/PEG enabled?

when i set the voltage to NORMAL before and left the rest of the settings the same and ran Prime95, received BSOD right away.

I will try your settings and post back.

Ok settings are adjusted and seems better.
45x
Dynamic Vcore +.110V what is the difference between this and LLC?
Graphic Core 1.160V
Internal Graphic Clock 1000
OPI/VTT 1.160V
VCore Normal touch bios is reporting 1.38V under full load
RAM Touch bios is reporting 1.62V under full load is this ok??
MAX Temp reading from Real Temp is 70C much better!
Also should system agent voltage be set at or just leave it at AUTO?

Last edited:
If 4.5GHz is your final clock, all it needs is around +0.060 for Dynamic Vcore
4.6GHz maybe +0.080

When using DVID mode, your idle voltage drops significantly. Take a look at Touch Bios status monitor at idles.

At 45x with Dynamic Vcore at the last settings i also got a shut down after about 10mins of running prime95, any ideas? what to change?

I switched back to 45x
1.300Vcore and LLC @ Level 5 and the rest where left the same, running prime95 now. At these settings i am reaching an 80C max temp while under full load. Was getting 10C cooler with the other settings but not stable.

should i try backing the Dynamic Vcore down to .060, could it have possibly been getting to much voltage and causing a shutdown?

Ok did as you suggested and seems to be running stable, 30mins of Prime95 and so far so good, temps are looking at 70C max Vcore is at 1.28V and DRAM is at 1.56V
might try for 46x see what temps look like and then maybe 47x

Last edited:
My system now has an add-on GT 240 512MB DDR5 GPU

This is my current stable 24/7 setting @ 4.7GHz (47x)

ENABLED: C1E, C3/C6, EIST and Intel Thermal Monitor
CPU Vcore; NORMAL
Dynamic Vcore: +0.110v
QPI/VTT: 1.160v
Graphic Core: 1.160v
Internal Graphic Clock: 1500
PLL: 1.815v
RipjawsX 8GB (2x4GB) 888-24 98-1T @ 1600MHz @ 1.52v

LLC will be automatically disabled when using this Dynamic Vcore mode.

Your milage may vary.

Couple of questions:
1. What is your load Vcore with that DVID offset?
2. What is your definition of "stable"?

Couple of questions:
1. What is your load Vcore with that DVID offset?
2. What is your definition of "stable"?

1 - Load Vcore @ 4.7GHz with Dvid offset clearly shown HERE post #20
2 - Please read the original 1st post for the definitions of stability as stated for this thread. Not only that, I've been using the machine doing alot of heavy work of encoding HD videos and transcoding for weeks without issue.

At 45x with Dynamic Vcore at the last settings i also got a shut down after about 10mins of running prime95, any ideas? what to change?

I switched back to 45x
1.300Vcore and LLC @ Level 5 and the rest where left the same, running prime95 now. At these settings i am reaching an 80C max temp while under full load. Was getting 10C cooler with the other settings but not stable.

should i try backing the Dynamic Vcore down to .060, could it have possibly been getting to much voltage and causing a shutdown?

Ok did as you suggested and seems to be running stable, 30mins of Prime95 and so far so good, temps are looking at 70C max Vcore is at 1.28V and DRAM is at 1.56V
might try for 46x see what temps look like and then maybe 47x

Your rams rating? How is the temperature holding?
My Frio heatsink currently just seating on top of the CPU without bolting.
But please put up a screenshot similar to the one below....which tells alot for diagnostic purposes. 3 CPUz screens, temperature monitor, ET6 status and underload with Prime95 in sFFTs mode.

LOAD

IDLE

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I did read the thread but when you recently said "current stable 4.7" I thought that it might be different settings with stability testing longer than 20 mins.

Ah, you're logic is quite understandable.
Yes, eventhough I was sastified with #20 post settings (notice load Vcore @1.380), but my current post #29 load Vcore @1.392 as I'd like to keep it a tab higher for the purpose of extra stability.

Long ago I used to prime from 8 to 12hrs...and might still be getting BSOD. Not anymore. I thought about it and believed that was just a big waste of energy. Instead, I now use a variety of short and hard hitting benches/applications to find stability.

new to OC just some questions. i have 2500k and i have followed sam's guide for OC to 4.5 my system would boot but not enter windows. i was able to OC to 4.3 but anything over just seemed like my SSD wouldn't load.. is there anything i'm doing wrong?

i have reset the CMOS though that would help but still same case. i'm running at 4.3 with the Vcore @ 1.25 and temps idle @ 35.

have done stress test without a problem the temps not going anything above 65.

any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
new to OC just some questions. i have 2500k and i have followed sam's guide for OC to 4.5 my system would boot but not enter windows. i was able to OC to 4.3 but anything over just seemed like my SSD wouldn't load.. is there anything i'm doing wrong?

i have reset the CMOS though that would help but still same case. i'm running at 4.3 with the Vcore @ 1.25 and temps idle @ 35.

have done stress test without a problem the temps not going anything above 65.

any help would be appreciated

What are your settings at?

Back