• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I5-4670/Asus z97-ar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I wouldn't think so, no. One says "boot" in it, so maybe its a quick boot... what does your manual say?

OP
M

man00

Registered
I wouldn't think so, no. One says "boot" in it, so maybe its a quick boot... what does your manual say?
This item allows you to select the CPU performance state during system boot before the OS takes control. The CPU runs at a selected performance ratio based on CPU config.
I left it at Max Non Turbo Performance.

OP
M

man00

Registered
I notice there really not that much to gain with OC, looks like the CPU jumps up to 3.8ghz with a load on it. I been out of touch with the newer stuff but looks like you get a lot more bang for less power with these CPU's of today. Next will be upgrading my video from a GT240..maybe I don't play any games so that card may still be plenty good.

Tír na nÓg

If you're not gaming, or using GPU accelrated applications, even the integrated GPU is sufficent for most uses.