• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 6600K [email protected]: Monitoring inconsistencies and/or idiot OP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcikes

Hi guys, so I've been stress-testing my oc with AIDA64 Extreme for the last half an hour or so. All been fine until now, temps look nice and cool. But I am confused about reading core temperatures. I've set my Vcore manually to 1.355V and enabled Adaptive mode in BIOS. HWiNFO64 reads VID voltages per each core at 1.39ish volts constantly. Is that ok? Normal?
Also, Physical memory load maximum shows 95% load, and in a scary red font I tell you. Look for yourself, screenshot attached.
If these readings are fine and it stresses nicely, I'd try 4.6 without bumping the Vcore up. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Values highlighted in red in this pic

Untitled.jpg

So, basically I'd like to know what you guys think. Are these values ok? Vcore/VID? Temps, memory load? :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 100
OP
dcikes

dcikes

Yes, I have come to the conclusion that I am an idiot. :drool:
A brief investigation into VID and it's peculiar nature made me come to that conclusion. I have learned that VID has nothing to do with actual voltage being used by the CPU or set by the OCer. :clap::D
Anyway, after an hour of AIDA64 (max 58C, avg 54C) followed by an hour of prime95 28.10 small FFT (max 69C, avg 67C), I am currently running blend test and plan to leave it overnight. If it still runs smooth and cool, I'll bump the multiplier up and give it another go :)

Here are the readings from the small FFT test
Untitled2.jpg

trents

There are several technologies in operation on modern CPUs that dynamically manipulate CPU core voltages under load and rotate among the various cores: Speedstep, Turbo, LLC, etc.