• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 6600K overclock, how'd I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bestest609

Registered
BSrLMxm.png
1UZSnro.png
running Aida64 Extreme stress test here

Prime95 maxes out at 74C and is stable
cooler is Cooler master hyper 212 evo
Is this fine?

Last edited:
Looks good from here, ram seems a bit loose and slow. Did you set the XMP for it?

So it's 2666 ram CL 15-17-17. Ok then
Your temps and voltages are fine and faster/tighter ram won't make a huge difference in most things like gaming. Benchmarks it helps but general use you won't see much of a difference

played around with the core voltage for a little, set it to 1.245v for now and it seems fine still. jumps to 1.264v under load

Correction. Total vcore under load with LLC supplement is 1.312.

Your 6600k and mine seem to require the same voltage at 4.5 ghz. Pretty average chips.

Have you tried moving up to 4.6 ghz? Your low temps and modest vcore at 4.5 ghz suggest you may have another notch of overclock in there. I can't get mine completely stable at 4.6 on decent voltage. Core #3 fails.

Attachments

• Totalvcore.PNG
    Totalvcore.PNG
    51.8 KB · Views: 3,547
Last edited:
Not sure that cpuid is reading right trents.. look at the hwmonitor ss...the VID(which seeing how that value goes up and down, it's likely vcore) is 1.26V...

Best - what does cpuz say voltage is?

Last edited:
Not sure that cpuid is reading right trents.. look at the hwmonitor ss...the VID(which seeing how that value goes up and down, it's likely vcore) is 1.26V...

Best - what does cpuz say voltage is?

If I'm not mistaken, you are the one recently who said you would trust CPU-z over HWMonitor.

Currently, in bios I have the vcore set to 1.3 on manual, no offset.

Attachments

• HarryVID.PNG
    HarryVID.PNG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,511
Cpuid. That was not a typo. The OP posted CPUID not CPUz. Notice it's blue and says aida64 cpuid? Yes I trust cpuz over hwmonitor. But you can't do it blindly! My point was to have him check cpuz to confirm... did I make that more clear?

Cpuz may say the same thing. But since the op never mentioned he enabled LLC, that's a leap to think natural vraise is that much over what he set. It could very well be, but that's an assumption it's enabled. By default on Skylake boards, they are pretty stable from what is set in the bios in my experiences.

Correction. Total vcore under load with LLC supplement is 1.312.

Your 6600k and mine seem to require the same voltage at 4.5 ghz. Pretty average chips.

Have you tried moving up to 4.6 ghz? Your low temps and modest vcore at 4.5 ghz suggest you may have another notch of overclock in there. I can't get mine completely stable at 4.6 on decent voltage. Core #3 fails.

In the first post my voltage was set to 1.3v manual, I was trying to see how low I could go at 4.5Ghz, 1.245v in bios showed as 1.264 under load..
Now testing 1.3v again with 4.6Ghz
Aida64 max temp 67C been running for 10 minutes with no problems

That's more reasonble. Can you please confirm if you touched any LLC settings in your bios or is it on auto?

I set LLC to level 5

Prime 95 maxes out at 76 degrees celcius at 4.6Ghz 1.3v, don't know if I like that high temp..

76c is 10+c under the point before you need to even be concerned about temps getting high. TJMax is around 100c.

- - - Updated - - -

Cpuid. That was not a typo. The OP posted CPUID not CPUz. Notice it's blue and says aida64 cpuid? Yes I trust cpuz over hwmonitor. But you can't do it blindly! My point was to have him check cpuz to confirm... did I make that more clear?

Cpuz may say the same thing. But since the op never mentioned he enabled LLC, that's a leap to think natural vraise is that much over what he set. It could very well be, but that's an assumption it's enabled. By default on Skylake boards, they are pretty stable from what is set in the bios in my experiences.

My mistake. Yeah, I "blue" that one, he, he!

I set LLC to level 4 and voltage to 1.25v on 4.6Ghz, cpu-z is showing 1.248V idle and 1.264v on load..
wondering if I could go even lower voltage :screwy:

edit: yeah thats a no-go lol cores stopped working

Last edited:
Think im gonna leave it to 4.5Ghz @1.25v, stress test a couple hours and call it a day

Back