• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 750 4ghz check my temps and settings please,want to go higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dazmandaz

hi guys first of top marks on the forum and its top advice,(been lurking a while) a big thanks to miahallens link in his signature for ocing the i5, i wouldnt have hit the 4ghz if i hadnt :) and also brutal forces replys to some peoples questions helped me a lot

got a couple of questions of my own for any body that wants to help me, first specs:

cpu :i5 750@4ghz
mobo: gygabyte p55 usb3 (rev 1.0) bios 1.2
memory: 2x2gb DDR3(1600mhz) G skill ripjaws 8 8 8 24 1.6v
cooling: corsair h50 watercooling
Gpu:toxic 5850 {factory oc)
psu: corsair 650tx
Hd: 2x1tb samsung spinpoint f3 (raid 0)

4ghz settings:

Cpu clock ratio: x20

Qpi clock ratio: x36

Bclk Frequency: 200

system memory multi: 8 [1600]

pci: 100

load line calibration [enabled]

Vcore: 1.3v shows up 1.280 in cpuz

Qpi vtt:1.210

Pch core 1.050

Cpu pll 1.80

Dram voltage 1.6v

C states on Turbo Boost off

Memory options [standard]

performance enhance [standard]

Dram Timing selectable [quick]

Dram timings 8 8 8 24 1t

This is fully stable and tested with prime 95, here is a link to a screenie with temps and stuff:http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/dazmandaz/?action=view&current=4gigcstateonsafe.png

Under full load i think i touched 71c for a nano second on core 1 but mainly its averaging 68c, are these temps safe? i think they are from what ive seen from other posts,just need some 1 a bit more clued up/wiser at this than me ,it idles at 38c or lower .
i used the thermal stuff that came pre applied on the h50 should i clean it and use artic silver 5

is it safe to run full time at this speed and temps? i was running on a 3.5 ghz with turbo on, but thought id see what this chip can do.Also if you see in my screen shot that my qpi link is running at 3600.o mhz is this ok as well?

i did read miahallens guide but to be honest i did read about Qpi and took some of it in but with all this reading and researching im doing its like my brain has now reached the point of melt down and i got all this info but not got it all sorted out properly yet if that makes sence :). ive only had this set up a few days i previously had a [email protected] and trolled this forum grabbing info for that ;) so im not a complete noob at it but i still have some stuff to research/learn more about.

i would like to see how high exactly i can get this chip but would like some advice/help getting there so i dont end up blowing/killing my machine

i did try for 4.2 Ghz which was a multiplyer of x 21 Bclk 200
but it failed prime 95 hence im here begging for help :) i dont wont to do any more voltage or any thing till i get some advice from you guys, also if i go over the 4ghz mark am i effectivly oc my memory then ? if so what you reckon i could reach? and if i want to get really high will i have to buy 2000 mhz memory?

i have a couple of more questions but will leave it at this first see if i get a response, so thanks in advance to any one who looks/advises/posts help

Daz :salute:

Temps look inline with 4.0. I say you still have 10 degrees and 0.15V vcore to play with. Also, don't rule out vtt as helping with stability. Some chips need a little, some need a lot.

thanks for the reply brutal

to get over the 4ghz barrier shall i go 21 multiplyer and up vtt? to make stable
or up the bclk from 200 upwards and increase vtt?, this will oc my memory as well?also what do you recommend max vtt i should go to?

also on cpuz my qpi link is 36000mhz is this ok and also what does it do in relaton to other stuff? sorry for sounding like a noob i have read the guide and stuff but brain implode sorry :)

Well you always wanna go in small increments.

Start by raising your Multi to 21 and lowering your Bclk to 190. Your probably also going to have to notch up your Vcore a little, it is really low for 4.0. But who knows you might get lucky.

Usually the i5/i7s have been hitting 4.0 ~1.4V vcore. Vtt in my experience is dependent on the quality of Ram and how much you have. The S1156 have IMC (Intel Memory Controller---Vtt Voltage) on the chip. This is the "northbridge" so your memory will work accordingly.

I would think you will probably end up with 1.4-1.45 for your 4200MHz OC. 21X200.

Did you read Miahallens guide? Do you know what your Max Bclk is? or your Max Memory speed? These are important to know when pushing the envelope because it could determine for example 21X200 or 20X210 If your Ram is a good OCer, and your Chip is a good OCer, then higher Bclk and Ram speed usually results in a tiny bit better benchmarks.

QPI link can be left on Auto. Its good where its at.

thanks brutal

yes i did read miahallens guide, but ive been reading so many guides trawling so many forums my brain has imploded .

im playing at 4ghz for a few days just to chill and see how it goes and so far its fantastic.got a guild m8 with a i7 some thing with a 5870 @4GHZ and we benchied dirt2 and all hes got is 6 more fps than me so im well chuffed :)

i will fiddle more at the weekend and see what i can reach out of the chip,i really want to see the max i can push this chip as i have now completly got the oc bug :) so watch this space for some more begging/help

and yes i will read miahallens guide again :fight:

just a quickie :

to check for my bclk top end i drop my multi down to x12 and then keep upping bclk upwards to i hit a wall of bsod and crashes?, then up vcore vtt accordingly ? and drop my memory multi so its lower than rated thus not stressing memory .of course i will prime 95 each step upp to check stability.

so far im at x12 210 bclk and testing, just posting this to make sure its correct also is there a max/safe bclk that you shouldnt go past?

just a quickie :

to check for my bclk top end i drop my multi down to x12 and then keep upping bclk upwards to i hit a wall of bsod and crashes?, then up vcore vtt accordingly ? and drop my memory multi so its lower than rated thus not stressing memory .of course i will prime 95 each step upp to check stability.

so far im at x12 210 bclk and testing, just posting this to make sure its correct also is there a max/safe bclk that you shouldnt go past?

Yup, you got it.

As far as your guildie's score goes, he has a faster card.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Your 5850 vs his 5870 is gonna lag a little. If he isn't overclocking his GPU, then you could do that to gain some ground on him. :) Just don't tell him that.

yep gonna overclock the 5850 once i get the pc sorted ;)

got the saphire toxic so it comes oc already

also once i hit my bclk wall then what ??

i know it can run at x 20 bclk 200 no prob giving me the 4ghz ,and it can also do x16 bclk 210 no problem ,am i right in thinking then i should get to x20 bclk 210 ok all being that my memory can handle that? so this means then i now do step 2 and keep my bclk and multi low to now test what my memory can run at? i know it runs at 1600mhz ok 8 8 8 24 1.6v
and thanks for your help ;)

thx dgb :)

but brutal is right, im gonna defo have to up vcore to get higher ,been playing about let yous know how i get on

Back