• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i6600K VCORE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xander2k

Hell guys . So , ive built this new rig this morning and now i had some time to test it . I've built a i6600k on a Asus Z170 PRo Gaming . So , first it was the fluctuating temps that ive seen ,never passed 60Celsius even on very high load, but ive seen fluctuating like 44-55 in 1 second . The CPU FAN RPM stays chill at 600RPM max ive seen it at 60celsius , its a Ninja 4 . But my main questions is here , first i was about to drop my jaw when i saw the VCore in HWMonitor was steady at 1.5v on idle and around 2V on Intel Burn test wtf is this :) ( STOCK BIOS I DIDNT TOUCHED ANYTHING THERE ) . So i quickly reboot to see what's in bios , bios looks good , Core voltage ~ 1.18 other voltages looking good . So i boot again and do more tests just to find out that hwmonitor wanted to kill me . So look for urselfs on this pics 2ex4zz7.jpg .
What is with this difference ?

LE : installed something called AI SUITE from asus wich also show core voltage . Even on high stress with intel burn i still dont pass 1.25v

Last edited:

mackerel

Is that Intel XTU you have in the background? If so, I'd trust that more to report the correct voltage. HWmonitor is picking up something from the mobo, but I don't know what. It is normal for the temperature to vary a lot depending on load, and it can be pretty quick.

Edit: you might also want to try hwinfo64 instead of hwmonitor. They're kinda similar in layout.

OP
X

xander2k

Thank you very much for your response . Now i know everything is ok and it was just hwmonitor missreading my vcore . I did more tests this morning and everything looks fine . And mackerel here is all that mobo has to say about voltages and i found none with the Vcore ~ voltage that hwmon shows , BUT , everything looks ok .
15045389_1505617072788669_514919702_o.jpg

After that i ran some more tests ( intel Burn Test Very high 10 times ) and here is what i got . Air cooling all the vents of the case installed , case open one side. z.jpg zz.jpg

Should i run some more tests or im good ?

[email protected]

I read somewhere on the forum here that in HWMonitor The Vcore and VID are not always valid.
I think if your CPU was @ 2Volts it would go much higher than 60c.
Also, Temps going about 10c instantly when starting stressing the CPU is normal, At least for me with 2 CPUs (My 6600k and Q8400.)