• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 3820 (Xeon 1620) Multiplier stuck at 37

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RozowaPantera

Registered
Hello, i bought today for very cheap pirce cpu whose is xeon 1620 its the same processor as i7 3820, and i have a problem with oc. So, I can set multiplier beetwen 12 and 44 but when i set something over 37 i can see the frequency only in bios, in windows its always x37 only when i set one core its going to x38. I have no idea whats is the problem with this stuff, i search everywhere and i dont found nothing.
My sample is very good with bclk i was able to do 4.8GHZ with only 1.39V. My MB is MSI x79 GD65 8D.

Pls guys help my this is very anoying.... Later i will drop there some screenshots from UEFI

PS. I tried to off turbo boos, and power saving features.

I've run into this with other platforms as well. I don't recall the exact fix but some things to try...

1. Verify you don't have Turbo mode or Boost enabled (I don't recall what Intel 3rd Gen called it).

2. If available, save your OC setting to a profile in BIOS and reset CMOS. Make sure you are on the OC profile and reboot. If you don't have profile settings note what needs to be changed to get your current OC and after CMOS clear enter OC manually.

3. Verify you are running the latest BIOS. Update if not.

Mines running at 4.4 GHz for 6 years. The HP Pegatron motherboard has no OC settings so I used Itnel XTU to set the ratio to 44.

View attachment 212802

what motherboard do you use?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I've run into this with other platforms as well. I don't recall the exact fix but some things to try...

1. Verify you don't have Turbo mode or Boost enabled (I don't recall what Intel 3rd Gen called it).

2. If available, save your OC setting to a profile in BIOS and reset CMOS. Make sure you are on the OC profile and reboot. If you don't have profile settings note what needs to be changed to get your current OC and after CMOS clear enter OC manually.

3. Verify you are running the latest BIOS. Update if not.

1. I turned them off, but without any effects
2. I dont try this before. I will do it
3. Almost newest, i have 4.7v newest is 4.8v, its only update ram compatibility, but if second step dont work i will update.

I thing i have bugged turbo boost (i disable it without success), because when i turn only in one core max multiplier increase from x37 to x38

According to his sig it an HP IPIWB-PB X79 mATX.

Yes an mATX HP OEM X79 board manufactured by Pegatron I picked up on the cheap years ago that has no Vcore or ratio adjustment so no way to overclock in the BIOS. But XTU did the job, set it and forget it.

I found a fix, to unlock that i must to downgrade bios into 4.4v and its start to working

Back