• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 4770k overclock problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, that is seemingly a myth. I had mine at 3.5 to 3.9GHz even at 6.3Ghz clock speed (under LN2 of course).

Just put the offset vcore at +0.1 with adaptive voltage @ 46 for a 24/7 overclock and call it a day. These Haswell cpu's, even with delidding, are a pain to get past 4.7 Ghz even with water cooling.

He needs to keep get that voltage down to 1.35 or less. THAT (IMO) is the goal here as voltage about that, especially 1.47 where he is at, is concerning. I dont think 46x will do it...

He needs to keep get that voltage down to 1.35 or less. THAT (IMO) is the goal here as voltage about that, especially 1.47 where he is at, is concerning. I dont think 46x will do it...

zeraoo98,

What EarthDog is trying to say is, if you don't turn down the voltage. You run a very good change and frying your CPU.

Potential of INSTANT death there, and you are .03v away. Below that degradation can also occur quickly. It may or may not happen, its your CPU and money. I am just putting out a warning.

Last edited:
Ok i get it. But degradation is no problem. I change CPU as often as somthing new comes out, so i won't need to have it working for next 5, or even 2 years. I'll listen to your advice and lower the voltage but not as low as 1.3. I'm at 4.8 clock right now, so i can't afford having it so low :p

I would bet money says you couldnt tell the difference between 4.5 and 4.8Ghz in gaming... other things, surely. But for gaming/web/etc. Negative.

Well.. maybe you're right. Just like the fact having fast clock. You know dreamhack? The Computer festival in Sweden. A bunch of guys from "Kingstone" OC the same CPU on same board as me with LN2. The didn't make it over 4.8... Feeling kinda cool having same clock as these guys with LN2.

p.s. Not sure if they knew how to OC at all, or just showing off their LN2

If they couldnt make it over 4.8 with LN2, they sucked or the chip was the absolute worst I have ever seen. That is a water clock! Not sure what they were doing though.

What's your current caching voltage. If its too low and your overclocking your ram it can cause bsods.

Completed the stress test, no BSOD. It's only the Video Encoding test and REAL adobe premier encoding that cause BSOD. But that ok. I can clock down if i will render somthing.

1.45 v by the way. Will try to lower more later.

As i said, it was the cache that caused BSOD.

Back