• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 6700k - 4.6ghz at vcore 1.26v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pure-Power

I've been stress testing my new i7 6700k. After running aida64 with no issues at 4.5ghz and vcore 1.26v, I thought I'd try bumping it up to 4.6ghz without touching the voltage, expecting it to fail. But it hasn't. Core temps are averaging high 40s to low 50s, and max temp is 69. Where should I go from here? Continue to decrease the voltage and keep stress testing? Or should I use a different software to stress test?

Kenrou

Try Realbench if you encode vídeos, i also thought I had uber low voltage overclocks (4.7ghz 1.3v - 4.8ghz 1.36v) but that one completely shattered my hopes. 15m at your max ram is enough.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Where should I go from here? Continue to decrease the voltage and keep stress testing? Or should I use a different software to stress test?
If its stable for your uses, then keep on keeping on with the stress test you are using. If you find in use that you are not stable, I would try something else and bump the voltage a bit.