• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-6700k + Maximus VIII Hero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think HWinfo64 will show your VID
IBT isn't a bechmark. Don't read too much into the output. Could simply be a background service starting etc...

+1 johan...

The difference between runs is negligible anyway... margin of error there easily. It's well less than 1% difference in Gflops and time.

EDIT:

Ok...

BIOS 9911 (11/16/2015)
BIOS Idle - 1.216V
CPUz Idle - 1.216V
DMM Idle - 1.216
CPUz Load (WPrime 1024M)- 1.185V
DMM Load - 1.184

Ha, never saw it spot on like that.

BIOS 1601 (3/2/2016)
BIOS Idle - 1.248V
CPUz Idle - 1.344V
DMM Idle - 1.344V
CPUz Load - 1.344V
DMM Load - 1.348

Wow... a bit different in the bios, and a fair amount different in windows both idle and load... :-/

EDIT2: I just noticed I didn't re-enable XMP... that didn't make a difference. :)

EDIT3: In BIOS 1601, HWMonitor shows VID as 1.319-1.357 with the value jumping around. One would think that should be a static value. The VCore up top shows 1.344V. I did not get HwMonitor info in the previous bios.
2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
So... Good or bad ? I can try a older bios to see if it concurs but the newer all say it's stability fixes :p

Not a clue. That would be good to try (rolling back) and see if it changes things. Not sure why it would do that though. When Skylake first came out, voltages were reading this high. After updates from mobo makers and CPUz, things seemed to drop into that 1.25V range. I'll ask Raja and see if he knows/can find out.

Daddy's back in business :clap: 4.8ghz 1.38v. Motherboard undervolting ram again i guess, had to bump voltage to 1.4v like i did at start...

4800.jpg

Back