• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-6700k + Maximus VIII Hero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1.25 IO/SA and check if memory runs @4000 17-17-17 1.35V :) ... it can be problem on this board but 3733 will be probably stable
LOL, whoooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah horsey, sloooooooooooooooow down, LOL! :rofl:

Dude hasn't even stabilized the CPU and you are talking about 4K memory???!!! LOL!

why waste time :)

Here are Trident Z 3000 and 3600 memory tests based on about the same memory chips. Maybe you want to take a look at the settings. I still have to add a lot more but one motherboard is in RMA ( new and DOA ) and other one is probably dead ( this one my fault probably if not the weakness of the board ) so everything is delayed.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...dent-Z-2x8GB-DDR4-3600-CL16-F4-3600C16D-16GTZ
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...dent-Z-2x8GB-DDR4-3000-CL14-F4-3000C14D-16GTZ

LLC auto is a definitely no-go, at 4.8ghz starts at 1.488v and drops at full load to 1.475v, needlessly to say, hit 91c very fast on ROG Realbench, passed 1st hash 5m and then BSOD this time with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, this is ram, maybe mine isn't fully compatible yet ?

Remember that memory is linked to cache and cache has the same voltage as CPU itself so if you see memory errors then it can be also cache error or anything related to various voltages. As I already said, 80*C+ can be overheating at higher cpu clock even though safe temps are up to 90*C+. If you have any AIO or air cooling then keep CPU at 1.4V or below.

LLC auto is a definitely no-go, at 4.8ghz starts at 1.488v and drops at full load to 1.475v, needlessly to say, hit 91c very fast on ROG Realbench, passed 1st hash 5m and then BSOD this time with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, this is ram, maybe mine isn't fully compatible yet ?
Why would disabling LLC cause your voltage to shoot up like that?!!! Boards typically vDROOP, not raise!!

- CPU voltage = cache voltage, keep cache clock below cpu clock like 200-300MHz when you set 4.5GHz+
- IO+SA help mainly in memory clock
- vrm frequency runs best at higher values on these boards, try 800kHz
- vrm memory frequency can help in stabilizing higher memory clock, try at highest value
- LLC keep at 5-7 but we already said that
- check my threads regarding memory settings, in short , set XMP but change memory clock to higher and it should work at something like 3600 16-16-16 1.35V or higher.
- disable C states and eist for tests ( later when all will be stable can play with them )
- disable spread spectrum ( any you see in advanced tweaking tabs )

I'm at work now and I don't really have anything else on my mind what could help

Why would disabling LLC cause your voltage to shoot up like that?!!! Boards typically vDROOP, not raise!!

No idea tbh, i just set LLC on auto and put multi at 48. Settings atm stand as below (roled back to "safe" 4.7ghz), this new UI is confusing to say the least.

Main.jpg

Main 2.jpg

Main 3.jpg

Cpu core cache.jpg

LLC.jpg

No dice, crash with a different name now, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Maybe re-install Windows and troubleshoot...

Last edited:
What speed is the cache running. You may need to speed it up a bit like Woomack said about 300 from the core speed is usually good. I would still add SA voltage. The way I see it it kind of ties all parts of the die together and when the core speeds up it usually needs a boost. In AMD terms kind of like the CPU_NB voltage but it is different

What speed is the cache running. You may need to speed it up a bit like Woomack said about 300 from the core speed is usually good. I would still add SA voltage. The way I see it it kind of ties all parts of the die together and when the core speeds up it usually needs a boost. In AMD terms kind of like the CPU_NB voltage but it is different

did 1.2v for IO/SA and cache is running at 4.5ghz

Ive never touched cache speed or voltage in my life... even at 6Ghz... interesting........... :)

Ive never touched cache speed or voltage in my life... even at 6Ghz... interesting........... :)

I'm just trying out what people tell me to, although more and more i'm leaning to bad Windows install or corrupted files. Tried the 5-step OC with AI Suite for a laugh and it pushed it to 4.6ghz. Going to try setting ram settings to default 2133 to see if it helps.

I'm just trying out what people tell me to, although more and more i'm leaning to bad Windows install or corrupted files. Tried the 5-step OC with AI Suite for a laugh and it pushed it to 4.6ghz. Going to try setting ram settings to default 2133 to see if it helps.
Yep.. ..I hear you... just throwing my unwanted 2 cents in that I have never touched it, LOL! It is(was) worth a try, those guys certainly know as much or more than I do. :)

SUCCESS !!! tried installing Win7 and the BIOS didn't recognize the USB stick as boot so tried Win8.1 and went smooth. Noticed when stress testing that my mouse became very sluggish (RAM RAM RAM), so upped voltage from 1.35v XMP to 1.4v and i'm stable, guess those tighter timings really pack a wallop :D proof : 4.8ghz 1.376v : when i find my max OC going to try installing Win10 again methinks ?

Clipboard01.jpg

Ehh, you shouldn't need to increase the memory voltage over what it is spec'd to do...if you need that for stability, the sticks are bad or another voltage needs to be adjusted like SA or iO.

I always install Windows at stock speeds, even if I am stable. You'll hardly a notice a difference in install times and is not worth the time of a reinstall in case it was borked.

I did reset BIOS before install, atm i'm just troubleshooting :) with 4.8ghz stable moved on to 4.9ghz which gives an instant freeze, thankfully now the error is always the same CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, easier to handle. Would you think stress testing before i install drivers on a clean build is a good idea ?

Back