• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 875k vcore help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crozen

Hello,

I already got an i7 875k and an EVGA P55 FTW mobo. I was on an i5 760 + Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 running @4GHZ @1.28v aircooling.
I'm trying to resolve a huge problem since 3 days, going crazy with that cpu and mobo :bang head
The fact is that i can't set the vcore in bios... of course i can choose the value but it doesn't take effect in health function bios or in Windows.
I really tried everything : flashing different bios version, trying the second 8 pin cpu power (that mobo has 2 port 8 pin cpu power for extra power), selecting different bios selection jumper, with/without vdroop,...
I never had that hard issue for overclocking :shock:

I put 1.4v vcore but stay on 1.2v

But if i put on Windows on Eleet, vcore boost +0.2v, it takes effect. (The vcore value upper of vcore boost doesn't work).
Now shows 1.4v and i see it on temperature when stress test.

And of course, i can't go higher than 3.6Ghz in bios because of blocked vcore... When i set multipliers on the cores (turbomode) in bios, the vcore increases by demand not what i have entered. Looks like it's an auto vcore for everything.
The only way for me to hit more than 3.6Ghz and doing what i want is by Eleet, changing vcore and cores multipliers :

So where is the problem or what i'm doing wrong ?
I want to keep that mobo but if i can't resolve this, i go back to the Gigabyte and try the 875k on it.
Thank you very much. :thup: