• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 D0 System #3 incoming this weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowmonk

Putting together yet another ASUS WS Revolution Tri-SLI i7 920 Rig this weenend hopefully the build goes off without a hitch.

Will keep you all updated

like the soundblaster quote...old but works hehe Penny saved penny earned

Rig #1 : Project Bloodrage - built for my brother
Rig #2 : ASUS WS Revo tri-sli GTX 260 - my current rig
Rig #3 : ASUS WS Revo tri-sli GTX 285 + GTX 260 for physics

I was bored i needed a new project and i am selling my current rig to my brother.

Well anyway, i got the rig put together last night, went smooth until

CHASSIS INTRUSION
FATAL ERROR......

I have tried every possible way to resolve this but it looks like my chassis intrusion header is shot on this board. I've dissasembled the rig 3 times and reassembled to make sure that there isnt anything grounding out, and its another HAF 932 build so the case has no intrusion switch. The jumper is seated correctly but the error persists. I'm afraid this board is bricked. I threw a search out on ASUS support forums and found a ton of people havingthis problem with ASUS boards, and not a single one resolved by the ASUS reps. I'm so ****ed off that i have to RMA another ASUS board. If anyone has any ideas how to bipass the chassis intrusion please let me know, otherwise im gonna ship the board out for RMA.Forgot to mention that the BIOS has no option to disable the feature. You would think that since so many users have this problem that ASUS would build the feature into the BIOS and not use a friggin jumper.

Last edited:
Back