• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 OC on EVGA x58 SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

semi.overkill

Hey everyone!

I was searching around the forum for a post on this, but havent found anyhting except bios settings for the ASUS BIOS

I just went from a ASUS P6T (which in my opinion had a more understandable BIOS) to a EVGA x58 SLI LGA1366 board.

I am just looking to get a detailed instruction with this BIOS to OC my i7 920 d0 stepping anywhere (3.4- 4.0 Ghz) I have searched on some other sites, but when I do put the info in, My board just wanted to reset or shut down on me:( I am new to the EVGA board bios so any info would be appriciated greatly!.

If anyone can give me a rundown of what specs need to go where, Thank you

-Steve

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Post a direct link to your RAM showing SPD timings, voltage, and quantity installed. You might also want to create a sig. which details your system spec's.

Hardass

Welcome to the forum.:welcome: I too just started using this mobo. On mine I really did not have to get into any of the settings except setting the cpu vcore to 1.225 and setting for no vdroop. I found alot of helpful info here. Just take there settings for overclocking with a grain of salt. I found most used more voltage then was necessary.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224806

OP
S

semi.overkill

SPECS:
Intel core i7-920 D0 Step
EVGA x58 SLI
6gb OCZ Gold DDR3
XFX ATI Radeon HD5770
Xigmatek Dark Knight
Corsair Obsidian 800D

This is just what my build consists of , everything so far is stock clock settings, I am just figuring someone on this forum would have the same board as I do. I dont want to give someone a headache with typing out all my stock settings, knowing that someone out there has already went through it as I did.

OP
S

semi.overkill

Thanks Hardass, I will go check this site out and I will try to do what you said and work from there. How do you like this one? I got a deal on this from a store my friend works at, Had no luck with the SE version and the ASUS P6T was just running too hot for my taste.

OP
S

semi.overkill

I do not have the classified edition of the board. just the x58 3way SLI LGA 1366. Let me know if you were mistaken before I do what you posted. Seems like evrything on that link is going towards the classified board

Hardass

I do not have the classified edition of the board. just the x58 3way SLI LGA 1366. Let me know if you were mistaken before I do what you posted. Seems like evrything on that link is going towards the classified board

I am running the 759, but bios setup should be close I would think. Good luck. I really like the mobo myself.:cool:

OP
S

semi.overkill

i adjested the vcore and the vdroop and nothing changed? Thats why i was seeing if there was anyone that had the full specs on what i should do in my bios for getting it anywhere from 3.6 - 4ghz if possible? I cant find a successfull bios setup

psionic98

EDIT: Looking at my system now.. long as your bios is the same this "should" work!

i run the x58 micro which should be roughly same bios...

Under Frequency Control
Clock Ratio 20x
CPU Host Frequency 181
MCH Strap Auto
CPU Clock Skew 0
Spread spectrum Disabled
PCIE Frequency 100

Under Memory Feature
Memory Speed Standard
Memory Control Setting Enabled
Memory Frequency 2:8
Channel Interleave Setting 6 Way
Rank Interleave Setting 4 Way
Memory Low Gap Auto
tCL Setting 8
tRCD Setting 8
tRP Setting 8
tRAS Setting 24
tRFC Setting Auto
Command Rate 1t

Under Voltage Control
EVGA VDroop Control With VDroop (This drops my overall volts under load to 1.21 but still stable)
CPU VCore 1.256
CPU VTT Voltage +100
CPU PLL VCore Auto
DIMM Voltage 1.64
DIMM DQ Vref +0mV
QPI PLL VCore Auto
IOH VCore Auto
IOH/ICH I/O Voltage Auto
ICH VCore Auto

CPU Feature
Intel SpeedStep Enabled
Turbo Mode Function Enabled
CxE Function Disabled
Execute Disable Bit Disabled
Virtualization Technology Disabled
Intel HT Technology Enabled
Active Processor Cores All
QPI Control Settings Enabled
QPI Link Fast Mode Enabled
QPI Frequency Selection 4.800 GT/s
OC Recovery Disabled

That should take you to a 3.8 with both turbo and hyperthreading on..

Last edited: