• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 950 Water Cooled Temp Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could see a drop...do you know where you're losing efficiency? Are you getting heat into the water? Out of the water? Into the block?

Also...just for the record, 45deg = 1/8 of a rotation, 90deg = 1/4 of a rotation. Con meant 90deg but he said 45deg and it stuck...but it's bugging me /neurosis

I spilled Jack and ice on my calculator, thats why it came up 45 degrees, or I was leaning 45 degrees, not sure. Yea, 90. Thanks Mor, your the engineer, keep the numbers straight.

Your temps are about where they should be. You double the rad size, you drop your DT in half, sorta. So if you have a 10 C DT, your core temps would drop by 5 C or so-4-6 C I guess.

WC ain't magic. Ambient temps is the key. Get a water chiller set up on the cheap, insulate like crazy. Then you'll get awesome temps. Of course then your paying for a air conditioner to suck amps like no tomorrow. $$$$

I spilled Jack and ice on my calculator, thats why it came up 45 degrees, or I was leaning 45 degrees, not sure. Yea, 90. Thanks Mor, your the engineer, keep the numbers straight.

Your temps are about where they should be. You double the rad size, you drop your DT in half, sorta. So if you have a 10 C DT, your core temps would drop by 5 C or so-4-6 C I guess.

WC ain't magic. Ambient temps is the key. Get a water chiller set up on the cheap, insulate like crazy. Then you'll get awesome temps. Of course then your paying for a air conditioner to suck amps like no tomorrow. $$$$

I know a cheap and simple way, I'm gonna drop my rad on top of a slab of dry ice... That will do the trick lol

I know a cheap and simple way, I'm gonna drop my rad on top of a slab of dry ice... That will do the trick lol

that would work, just make sure you don't freeze the water and burst the rad. Also, make sure that you're prepared to replace the ice pretty frequently.

that would work, just make sure you don't freeze the water and burst the rad. Also, make sure that you're prepared to replace the ice pretty frequently.

Lol, I would only do it for fun once, Thanks, for the Tip..I never thought about the RAd freezing, so I better be careful of the foolish fun things I do..

Yea, Raymo from TRP (I think it was ray...) did a slushbox with dry ice and ended up bursting a rad with something in the realm of 30% antifreeze in the water if I remember correctly

Back