• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i70-920 goal - 4.5ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simviatoR

on WC loop, can anyone suggest a good template to get started for 4.5? seems no matter what i try, it will not boot to windows.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Template...just keep on trying. What are you major voltages set at? Thats a pretty lofty goal....

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
You see the CPU speed in my sig?

Took me a year to get it to boot at that speed, and i'm still working kinks out of it. (like random lock ups when folding on the GPU).

So you're going to have to play with it... don't be afraid to set it back to stock/lower your OC for a little while and try again later though :)

What stepping is your chip?

OP
simviatoR

simviatoR

You see the CPU speed in my sig?

Took me a year to get it to boot at that speed, and i'm still working kinks out of it. (like random lock ups when folding on the GPU).

So you're going to have to play with it... don't be afraid to set it back to stock/lower your OC for a little while and try again later though :)

What stepping is your chip?

D0,

im currently @ 4.2ghz, 1.305 and never touch 60*c during stability test over an hour.

I just need a good starting point.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I mentioned in my post above to list your major voltages. That will help the real experts in i7 give you at least an idea of where to go. But there isnt a cookie cutter setting that is magically going to get you there. As I said above, thats a lofty goal for 24/7 stable. GL, and I will be checking back. :)

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Than keep going... shouldn't have to worry about much of anything till you hit 1.4 volts... need to really watch temps after that though.

Make sure your IOH doesn't have a crappily applied heatsink like mine though.