• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i9 BenchMarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PClabs.pl preview or at least what has been saved from it after intel asked them to remove the article.

At full load it needs only 10W more than a Deneb or Yorkfield, but 25W less than a bloomfield with 6 cores and 12 threads and still the coolest processor out there.

it will be a prob to have to worry about Voltage over Temps , alltho after cherry picking a good one out , it will overclock further till the temps slow me down :)

Blue,

How do you know about the price? Will there be more than one model, like with the i7's when they were introduced?

quite simple really.. if you look at the chart you will see that under name.. it its Core i9-xxx XE which basicaly means it's an extreme chip.. and well the price tag on those are what we know.. and to be honest i doubt that there will be i9's for the general public yet.. don't get me wrong i hope i'm wrong since it would be lovely to have one of these for me to render with.. but doubtfull

i expect these beasts to overclock up to 5ghz on water i mean we have seen some i7 920 D0 at 4.5ghz and it's a 45nm chip

i9 is 32nm which means less heat more ghz and less vcore (but since there are +2 cores maybe it will be the same ? )

if only i could get on of these =((

looks awesome but kinda of worried about these game benchmarks. that mean we are hitting a bottleneck and the cpu's not being that bottleneck anymore?

I really want to upgrade to a Core I7 but afraid this will come out at a lower price once i do upgrade to a I7

Now is a good time to upgrade to i7 actually. Prices wouldn't drop any lower than $20 anyway; so go for it!

Now is a good time to upgrade to i7 actually. Prices wouldn't drop any lower than $20 anyway; so go for it!

i want to, but i would have to get a new motherboard, ram and the cpu. i want to go 1366 slot I7 and that will run me 670 with the stuff i picked out and the only reason i want to get a faster cpu is that i rip blu rays, as of now, it takes me 12 hours to encode a 1080P blu ray rip to a MKV file on my E6750. i know that getting a Core I7 will help out the encoding time BIG TIME. but i dont want to spend 700 + shipped to do this.

i was going to upgrade my computer for Christmas (and my birthday is on the 17th of December) but i decided to try to get a Nice HDTV to replace my crappy 20" flatscreen.

im thinking about just upgrading my current cpu to a Q9550 so i dont have to replace my mobo and ram but i find spending 230 a little much when the Core I5 750 is 199.

i may just end up buying the Q9550 at some point. maybe ill get lucky and get $ from my grandparents for Christmas and my birthday :clap: lol

i want to, but i would have to get a new motherboard, ram and the cpu. i want to go 1366 slot I7 and that will run me 670 with the stuff i picked out and the only reason i want to get a faster cpu is that i rip blu rays, as of now, it takes me 12 hours to encode a 1080P blu ray rip to a MKV file on my E6750. i know that getting a Core I7 will help out the encoding time BIG TIME. but i dont want to spend 700 + shipped to do this.

i was going to upgrade my computer for Christmas (and my birthday is on the 17th of December) but i decided to try to get a Nice HDTV to replace my crappy 20" flatscreen.

im thinking about just upgrading my current cpu to a Q9550 so i dont have to replace my mobo and ram but i find spending 230 a little much when the Core I5 750 is 199.

i may just end up buying the Q9550 at some point. maybe ill get lucky and get $ from my grandparents for Christmas and my birthday :clap: lol

Do NOT GO FOR Qxxxx cpus, they are nearly outdated by now (and they will soon be), btw isn't there a way to rip bluerays with the gpu? maybe i am confusing it with encoding Oo

btw it's strange that games run 2fps higher with the i9, strange how 2 cores more can do that since games aren't really multithreaded that much Oo
maybe those 2 extra cores take some load of background apps and game runs more freely but 2 fps isn't worth going from i7 to i9

i would take that beast only because i know it would overclock better and because i need the extra clock to compile my stupid programs in less time
some would say there is no need for all that power while programming, but in a code i did a loop where a friend had to restart his pc while i could still do things :p

Last edited:
Get yourself a Q9550 & save the money.

Ill get myself 1 next week.

I gave an E6550 CPU right now overclocked to 3.2GHz,so to keep my motherboard ill get an Q9550.

You can overclock it to 4GHz+ if you have a good motherboard.

Get yourself a Q9550 & save the money.

Ill get myself 1 next week.

I gave an E6550 CPU right now overclocked to 3.2GHz,so to keep my motherboard ill get an Q9550.

You can overclock it to 4GHz+ if you have a good motherboard.

im just hoping that the bios that are on my motherboard now will support the 45nm quad core cpu's. Abit went out of busness but i know they have bios that support 45 nm chips dual and quad but flashing the bios on my motherboard is a pain in the *** and i dont want to **** it up.

Back