• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC-7 and CPU temp reportng??!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Faamecanic

Registered
Ok... got my 2.4B running on the ABIT IC7 .... havent started OCing yet but have a question.

I am using the stock Intel Heatsink and FAN with AS3 (removed thermal pad). Im looking for a better HSF as I type :)

My Question (all temps are taken using Winbond ABIT Hardware Dr.):

My Idle temps are 45 C?! and under full load (using Prime95 torture) are 59-60 C!!! That seems waaaay to high. I have built several PCs using AS3 so I know I didnt put it on too thick (about the thickness of a piece of notebook paper).

I have read that the IC7 thermistors are reporting about 5 - 10 C HIGH. Have any of you IC7 users noticed this???

thanks
Claude

I do not have one myself, shortly though but from extensive reading it seems that most owners of IC7/IC7-G are reporting temps too high.
Someone from Abit forums has said that there will be an update(maybe fix) shortly in the next week or so....

I would check abit forums for more details....

im fine.:D im using the windbond 1 for the northbridge, and the cpu i use the windbond 2 diode.
t.jpg

Back