• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7/9800 pro video woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ktschmit

You stated in the thread that you tried your monitor on another computer and it was fine, but did you try a different monitor on your 9800 pro?

OP
M

Maskirovka

Registered
ktschmit said:
You stated in the thread that you tried your monitor on another computer and it was fine, but did you try a different monitor on your 9800 pro?

i swear i did, but now that you ask me i'm not so sure anymore....i'll be sure to try that, but i don't think that's the problem.

the flickering is more like artifacting. in 3d games it's very geometrical....the screen itself isn't flickering, it's the graphics...you move the mouse around and it changes depending on where the mouse is and whether or not things are moving around on the screen.

it started out as flickering, but by the time i gave up, it was pretty uniform distortion. it was almost like pinstripes, but very garbled. that's why i thought it was an issue with the video card...and why i think it's an issue with the RAM now...

if it was a power issue, i don't think it would be so uniformly wrong. sorry if i didn't make it very clear what exactly was happening :\

ktschmit

I was also thinking the ram could be an issue. Try a known good stick by itself. I think you just about covered everything else besides tearing down and rebuilding the complete system. Good luck :)

ktschmit

Maskirovka said:
i swear i did, but now that you ask me i'm not so sure anymore....i'll be sure to try that, but i don't think that's the problem.

(Moonlapse) stated in your thread that the new monitor fixed his similar problem. How long before you get to your computer? :D

OP
M

Maskirovka

Registered
well now i'm really screwed because they sent my card to my house in michigan while i'm at summer camp in new york. it'll get to my house in michigan next thursday...then someone can ship it to me here....

god they're going to get the most horrible message on their message system...i've never been screwed so badly :\

ktschmit

Maskirovka said:
god they're going to get the most horrible message on their message system...i've never been screwed so badly :\
Sorry your not having good (RMA) experience :( I only had to go through it once for a bad stick of samsung ram. ZZF did me right tho, they tested it bad and promply sent a new one. So by next week you will have your card back?

OP
M

Maskirovka

Registered
ktschmit said:
Sorry your not having good (RMA) experience :( I only had to go through it once for a bad stick of samsung ram. ZZF did me right tho, they tested it bad and promply sent a new one. So by next week you will have your card back?

well...it will get to my house in michigan on thursday...then it will have to be sent from there to new york. so i might get it 2 mondays from now :\

hopefully the *******s will overnight me another card or something...or send me a new mobo...that'd be cheaper than a new vid card :)