• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 above 275mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
These 2.40Cs hit a wall at some point. NOTHING will work except dropping the fsb maybe 1 mhz, if you are lucky. I've found adding more voltage above 1.6 is no help (if your CW board can actually deliver this).

If ya think your rig is stable, see if it can pass all this:

- All three 3DMarks. Some CW boards hate 3D2001, some 3D2003.
- SuperPI 16M run, should take 30'
- Serious Sam 2nd Encounter demo loop, this is real sensitive to CPU stability
- IL-2 Sturmovik demo loop, this is also real sensitive to CPU stability
- PCMark2002. Lately, on the CW boards, I am seeing I can pass all the above but this keeps rebooting until I drop fsb 1 mhz
- VulpineGL, same with this one
- Codecreatures
- UT2003 bench

I thought I was at 292 fsb and 3.5 gig on air, with a highly touted L310xxx Malay (Memtest clean in everything here), but had to drop all the way down to 287 to pass everything above :bang head.

Hi all, you are lucky I hit my limit at 272 .....

its weird, since my 2.6c is running @ -11C under load.
It boots into the Bios @ 3.9. It boots 2 windows and runs for 3 hrs non stop @50%load with 3.7 GHz but crashes wonce @ 100% load.. got any ideas.

Clevor said:
These 2.40Cs hit a wall at some point. NOTHING will work except dropping the fsb maybe 1 mhz, if you are lucky. I've found adding more voltage above 1.6 is no help (if your CW board can actually deliver this).

If ya think your rig is stable, see if it can pass all this:

- All three 3DMarks. Some CW boards hate 3D2001, some 3D2003.
- SuperPI 16M run, should take 30'
- Serious Sam 2nd Encounter demo loop, this is real sensitive to CPU stability
- IL-2 Sturmovik demo loop, this is also real sensitive to CPU stability
- PCMark2002. Lately, on the CW boards, I am seeing I can pass all the above but this keeps rebooting until I drop fsb 1 mhz
- VulpineGL, same with this one
- Codecreatures
- UT2003 bench

I thought I was at 292 fsb and 3.5 gig on air, with a highly touted L310xxx Malay (Memtest clean in everything here), but had to drop all the way down to 287 to pass everything above :bang head.

I picked up an L310 malay about a month ago, and still haven't gotten to try it out yet. The guy I bought it from had it fully stable at 3.5 on stock air/volt. I can't wait to try this out under my pelt:D

I will get it going soon, everyone of these I see is such a killer cpu, I realy can't wait...This should be a little better than my other new comp. nf7-s rev2 1700 dlt3c 0319 220*11.5 no mods on air. I was happy with that, I can't wait to see what this 2.4c will do.

ozziegn said:
the stock Northbridge cooler on the IC7 is a joke.

while the fan itself is pushing a decent amount of air, the actual heatsink itself is too small thus having very little actual cooling surface.

that being that, I changed my NB cooler to the one in the pic and I have noticed more stability in my system. the cooler itself was very cheap ($10 @ Comp USA) and took me all of 30 minutes to put it on. I just had to grind off the four corners of the cooler so it could be attached with the chrome ring.

case4.jpg

Hey ozziegn, whats that yellow/black wire next to the ram? I have that spot empty with no wire, but my com runs perfectly fine. Can Anyone tell me what it is? I read the manual over and over again but I can't seem to fine the wire that even fits it

That plug is the ATX12v plug. New P4 power supplies all have them. You say you do not have this plugged in and you are running fine? Crazy.

musk

yea wtf? Would it hurt my com in any way? I only have been running like that for about 3-4 days. And most o the time i'm idle. Played games a few times and installed stuff

plug that thing in! yikes! you're running your v8 on 3 cylinders dude, it may run, but not too well and probably not too long. The plug comes out of your PS, and it looks like this:
15_1_13_l.jpg

EDIT: If you dont have one of these plugs you NEED to get a new power supply

No, Id say just your processor, and not neccessarily frying, but really underpowered. Your mobo should be fine.

EDIT: and your cpu should be fine. Just get a program that monitors your voltages like motherboard monitor (I think it does this), and make sure all your voltages are VERY CLOSE to what they should be, as in +12v should be like +11.95 to +12.05.

EDIT2: Youll probably get a better O/C with it plugged in too :D

EDIT3: You should run Prime95 while monitoring your voltages, cuz youll get different readings b/w idle and load.

opps to late. I bought a ic7-g at fry's, but it was a returned item and my luck someone did the zalman nb modd alrdy on it. I hope this thing can oc good i'm waiting for my 2.4c to arrive since i rma it a cuople of days ago

Back