• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 Max3 with 3.0C advice plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

Ok just need some advices:

1) Right, now the overclock is 3.67ghz (245 fsb)
The vcore on bios is 1.675V. But when on load, Abit EQ shows 1.63V (idle it's 1.675V)

So my question is: can I go higher on Vcore or not? BTW temps reading is 61C (so it must be like 51C) SP-94 with 92mm fan....

2) I run 2 stick of 256mb pc4000 kigston hyperX at 5:4. If I put 1:1, I got a bios error :bang head and must then clear cmos. What's the problem? I should be able to do 250 fsb..... ( try upping the voltage...)

Thanks a lot!

veryhumid

that is a normal drop from idle to load. many people recommend you do not go over 1.65 at idle, me included. at 1.7 I degraded my overclock a lot, 1.675 is probably not a lot different. But it seems that all chips react to voltage a little differently. I would go down to 1.65. Try running your mem at 2.8. Also memory needs to break in, run it as high as you can for a couple weeks and then try to go higher. I'd say you can go up to 2.9 no problem. good luck.

meionm

you have memory problem as I did, my geil pc 4000 wouldn't run stable at 250 1:1
On air I don't recomend anything higher than 1.6,

Styyn

First off, as was mentioned earlier, taking the fan out of your psu is a very likely culprit, especially in generic psu's. My experience with generic psu's has always been bad: hold a generic psu in one hand, and then hold a good PC Power & Cooling in your other and you'll see what I mean. Generic power supplies almost always contain the absolute bare minimum required to operate at their rated wattage, heatsinks included. Taking the fan out of a psu that most likely has a weak sink job is, imho, extremely dangerous. Not just because of what it can do to your system, but because of the potential fire hazard involved if that thing really lets go. Check that out first, and if your psu doesn't seem like it's about to turn into a pile of liquid-hot-mag~ma, read on :D

Do not run your mem at anything over 2.8v unless you've done a vtt mod. The MAX3 vtt does not track correctly above this (it should be exactly half the vdimm voltage), and given the size of your psu, you really probably shouldn't be putting the extra load on it anyway.

Many people have also found that the MAX3 with 2.8c's and 3.0c's doesn't like to run above 250-260 at 1:1. However, I'm not sure if this is the case with 2.4/2.6/3.2/3.4's. Anyone with a MAX3 and one of those proc's that can enlighten us here?

HTH.

OP
Charloz24

Charloz24

Styyn, I don't understand your story about the psu ?!? I never mentioned the PSU.....

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
Charloz24 said:
Styyn, I don't understand your story about the psu ?!? I never mentioned the PSU.....
I think he posted in the wrong thread, or something.

Regarding your vcore question, I say no. I run 1.65v (check my profile) at anywhere from 260-275, 5:4 divider for my low latency RAM. Further increases yielded no appreciable gains (other than bringing me closer to the invisible SNDS threashold).

lilneel12

i have the same setup as you, as for the vcore, the same thing happens to me, at that same voltage, but right now i just have it at 240fbs at 1.625 and i will up it in the winter. as for the ram, to get the ram to boot at 245 or even 250 put your gat settings to aaadd and set the vdimm to 2.8 and the timmings to 3-8-4-4 this should work