• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICD7 Oringinal testers need a sub-test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeC

Inactive Moderator
Would you guys be interested in doing a test that tells you how much heat sink pressure you are actually applying? How good your last lapping effort was?

I bought some of this stuff

http://www.sensorprod.com/static/heat_sink.php

It's a pressure sensitive film. It'll show your PSI of your mount along with a distribution of pressure.

They are going to send me a digital color chart which we can post or email out and participants can scan a picture, take a picture of their results for comparison.

Alternatively, and I would probably do this if I get enough people, is send the samples back to the company and get an in depth digital analysis of each test(Not quite ready to spring for the full Monty test equipment- $12,000) But the company analysis is quite reasonable if the qty is large enough. I am considering adding this along with each tube of ICD7 for sale.

I am revisiting some of the other forum beta test giveaways to get a full cross section. Maybe I can put a Library of images with corresponding results on our website so people can take a test on their own later then log on to compare to see what most closely matches their own test result.

What I would like, is of those that have posted results (good bad or indifferent) to run another test along with another free tube of ICD7 and then a quick pressure test.

If you have a interest, post on this forum your interest then send me an email to
[email protected].

To qualify

1. Reference the forum and that you posted your interest in the forum along with your alias

2. were a particpant of the inital giveaway and posted a result

3. Include your mailing address in a format that I can cut and paste

nd4spdbh2

i think some of this pressure paper will be an intresting expirement sign me up!... id love to test ICD7 again now that i got a pressure mounted setup on my htpc instead of the stock cooler. (will send an email to you shortly) sent

Last edited:
OP
J

JoeC

Inactive Moderator
i think some of this pressure paper will be an intresting expirement sign me up!... id love to test ICD7 again now that i got a pressure mounted setup on my htpc instead of the stock cooler. (will send an email to you shortly) sent

I will probably throw in a couple of extra test strips

anybody else?

Hazaro

How long do we have to send back a pressure result? I'm busy for a bit, but would love to do this.

Mounting my BT is a pain too.

OP
J

JoeC

Inactive Moderator
How long do we have to send back a pressure result? I'm busy for a bit, but would love to do this.

Mounting my BT is a pain too.

I am flexible. I can send two batches for out for analysis.

Alternatively maybe we have some that scan and post the image and we will have a dgital color chart from the company that can be posted and will provide a less involved but still accurate idea of the heat sink pressure distribution

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Oh man I feel bad now. I saw this thread in the main forum 'new post' listing and remembered that I got a tube of ICD7 but forgot to post reults! I will have to find the paper with the old and new results written down.

On a little sidenote Joe, I had bought an 'original' tube of ICD7 back when it first came out. Wasn't there some change between the initial formula and the ones you sent out as test samples? If so what was the difference and should I not be using that old tube?

OP
J

JoeC

Inactive Moderator
Our packager had ignored our material requirements. Original mix had a solvent that reacted with the plastic and dried the compound in some tubes so we pulled all inventory from the shelves end of August and replaced all stock with non solvent compound.

Mr.Guvernment

it does suck, but what rules is i get to build a new rig MUAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! if i get it will let you know.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Our packager had ignored our material requirements. Original mix had a solvent that reacted with the plastic and dried the compound in some tubes so we pulled all inventory from the shelves end of August and replaced all stock with non solvent compound.

Yes that old tube is thick as all get-out, I feel like I'm going to break the plunger when I use it. I wonder if mine has started to dry a bit.

redrumy3

sure i will test this if your still looking for people to test :D i love my icd7 :D if you need more people just let me know ill send the email, etc to sign me up :)

i also sent a email just incase spots are still open :D

Last edited:

Tuksonrider

Registered
I have time, and I'd be happy to do this pressure test. I posted my ICD7 results here on the "official thread" several weeks ago. I sent out an email to you.

OP
J

JoeC

Inactive Moderator
I got the pressure film today, Pretty nifty stuff I can now calibrate my binder clips on the glass slides for my accelerated testing :)

I may get some samples out to you guys by the end of the week, I am a little tied up with something that may run till friday, it may open up if it does They go out Friday, if not early next week.