• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICS and webserving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vinyljunky

Hi folks, myabe someone can help me. The situation:

2 pcs on a wireless network, with one acting as the dial-up internet gateway using XP's integrated internet connection sharing. The gateway computer is also running a dynamic DNS updater client so that it is always linked to ****.dyndns.net .
I would like to be able to webserve, ftpserve etc. from the other (non-gateway) pc. Is this possible since it does not have a direct internet connection and IP? Bandwidth is not in question here, simply whether or not this setup is possible.

Thanks for any input.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
yeah it is possiable ...but since im not @home right now i cant describe it properly but im sure someone else can.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
but... wait.... why not just switch the gateways around...and webserve/ftp on 56k ?!?

OP
vinyljunky

vinyljunky

That is the way it used to be and of course that worked perfectly, but now i have a dedicated gateway computer that will run 24/7. The target pc is in a bedroom. It's a matter of convenience, really, plus I am intent on getting this working as it's a new task for me :D

CoolLion

It should be simple

ICS has an extra settings button.
klik it :)

You will see a tab called services.
klik it :)

Here you see the services ICS kan PAT.

Just enable the ones you need. With edit you can assign the internal IP of the box doing the work in your private network to that service.

Good Luck

DDR-PIII

Disabled
and if that dosent work... and you still cant figure out the other IP just doubble click your two lil monitors in the bottom left when your connected then goto detail and you'll see "Server IP address" and "client IP address" the client IP adrees is the one that you have ur server on.

OP
vinyljunky

vinyljunky

Everything in perfect working order now, port forwarding is working as it should and I can now run services on the computer with a private 192.168 ip. Thanks for the suggestions!