• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ide cables for ata133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elBogg

hey, folks, i just ordered the ak35gtr. i'm going to be using it with two 60gb ibm drives. my question is whether or not i need any particular types of ide cables for this setup to work well. shielded, not over a specific length, flat vs. round, etc. i don't think it should really matter, but that's why i'm asking, i just want to make sure. also, on a side note, i've seen ide cables with 2 plugs and ones with 3 plugs. is there any performance difference between the two, when i'm only using one device per channel?

laters . . .

well you will need cable that support 133 to run at that. most do 100\60 there are rounded 133's here but buying rounded ones are up to you. Personally, i say the rounded ones are certainly worth it. They allow better airflow throughout the case.

As far as I know only Maxtor has 133 drives.So you will only run those IBMs at ATA 100.

PS : You had better put some serious cooling on those drives .

Back