• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IDE performance on a TH7-II non raid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaane

Registered
I have a TH7-II non raid board running the 39c bios. One 60GXP 40GB drive. 512MB Samsung RAM.

Cpu running at 2600Mhz 130FSB.

In Sandra my drive benchmarks is as slow as their 7200rpm ata66 drive. (score around 16000)

On my previous system Epox 8KHA+ XP2000+ I was getting 24000+ score with the same drive. I am running windows XP with the same settings.

Anyone know a fix?

Kaane said:
I have a TH7-II non raid board running the 39c bios. One 60GXP 40GB drive. 512MB Samsung RAM.

Cpu running at 2600Mhz 130FSB.

In Sandra my drive benchmarks is as slow as their 7200rpm ata66 drive. (score around 16000)

On my previous system Epox 8KHA+ XP2000+ I was getting 24000+ score with the same drive. I am running windows XP with the same settings.

Anyone know a fix?

It's a known fact the the IBM 60GXB drives have had alot of problems since their release in not only performance but in having any kind of life. They have shown to give out after short periods of time.

Check your drivers for the HighPoint again and see if it installed the 231 rather than using the default.

Make sure you have the most up to date ATA100 drivers installed. You have to install them separately from the other .inf files (I'm assuming you knew that though).

Mr. Natural, I knew about the IBM 75GXP drives having their share of problems, but I wasn't aware of any major problems with the 60GXP series. I have two 40 gig IBM 60GXP drives that I bought last September and they have been working flawlessly.

batboy said:
Make sure you have the most up to date ATA100 drivers installed. You have to install them separately from the other .inf files (I'm assuming you knew that though).

Mr. Natural, I knew about the IBM 75GXP drives having their share of problems, but I wasn't aware of any major problems with the 60GXP series. I have two 40 gig IBM 60GXP drives that I bought last September and they have been working flawlessly.

The 75s were far worse with their problems than the 60s but I have heard from a number of ppl who has had their 60s crap out on them also. Guess it's just luck of the draw huh? hehe

Back