• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idea's on parts, time for discussions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

The end of the year is 4 to 5 months away till I will buy new parts, but that gives time to check out parts and discuss them.

Main parts involved so far:
Case: Lian Li PC-V300
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Radiator: Black Ice GT Stealth 240 (dual radiator)
Pump: Laing DDC-1T with an addon to have a top inlet
CPU block: Alphacool NexXxoS XP
Tubing: 8mm ID/10mm OD (I think this is 3/8"?)
Fans for radiator: Papst 4412F/2GLL - 120x120x25mm

I won't be using the system too overclock like crazy, but knowing my past with overclocking I might try just a bit too see what the CPU can do.

Now the main things is this. I want a very silent system, so I checked which fans are very silent but still do enough airflow for the radiator.
The specifications of the fans are as follows:

* Type: 4412F/2GLL
* Dimenions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm.
* Power: 0,72 W.
* Rotations per minute: 1200 RPM.
* Airflow: 70 m³/h
* Voltage: 12 V
* Connector: 3-pin
* Bearing: Sintec
* Noise: 18 dBA

18 dBA sounds very nice too me, but will 70 m³/h be good enough?
A model higher, the 4412F/2GL does 94 m³/h / 55,3 CFM but has a 26 dBA noise level. Times two that would probably mean noise I might start to hear.

So, the basic question is will this setup cool the CPU effectively or would the 4412F/2GL be advisable?

I have done watercooling before, but that was more agressively and not really tuned to be being quiet.

The system will be build like neogenesis2004 is building his in this thread using these pictures. I might change/add some things too my liking, but the general idea is how he does it.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

If you want silent, the BIP2 series works best with 40-60 cfm fans. I recomend goign with the BIP2. As for fans, there is always the fan controller. :) ANd i have no idea how much a M3h is in CFM.

How much are you gonna spend on fans? 18$ each to much? If not... http://svc.com/streamline-sil.html those look like veryyy good fans and are perfect for a BIP. 54cfm at 19.6db? Not to mention.. They look sexy to. Lol

For a cheaper fan, i have three of these http://svc.com/tlf-s12-eb-19.html 43cfm 22db, and i cant hear them at all. I bought a fan controller, but it was poitnless, lol.

70 m3/h is 41.195 CFM according to a page I found.

I don't care about spending more money on fans. I got 23 Euro fans from Y.S. Tech in my machine now.
The fans you mention are nice. I don't like the color but I can hack those out.
Size might be a bit of a problem since there isn't too much space inside the case.

The Black Ice Pro II sounds good too. Even cheaper then the GT Stealth.
About 20 Euro's even.
But what's the real difference between them then that you recommend taken a BIP2 over a GT Stealth?

Oh, to get back on the fans. I see they have black versions too :D
But then there are no grill's for 140mm...

Looking further I also see the Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E - 120x120x25mm with some very nice specs.

* Type: S-FLEX SFF21E
* Size: 120 x 120 x 25 mm.
* Power: 1,8 W.
* Rotations: 1200 RPM.
* Airflow: 83 m³/h (48.8455 CFM)
* Voltage: 12 V
* Connector: 3-pin
* Bearing: S-FDB
* Noise: 20,1 dBA

Those sound nice as well, plus they are 120mm.

Atm I have YS-Tech FD1212252B-2F's in my case. 30 dBA and 62.381 CFM (106 c3m). Trimming those down won't hardly be worth it I think. May get noise down, but also the CFM it put's through a lot.

Ohh, forgot to mention, the 18$ one is a 140mm fan with a 120mm adapter. So those might not work for you..

Difference between the stealth and the pro? Im pretty sure the stealth will perform better over the pro, but to get it to perform better you need high cfm fans (80+) It wont perform good at all with lowcfm fans (which you need, for quietness).

BIP low cfm fans < BIGT high cfm fans

So.. BIP with lowcfm fans (quiet) wont perform as good as the BIGT with high cfm fans (loud) but will work much better than the BIGT with low cfm fans.

BIP is made for low cfm fans. :) BIGT is made for high cfm fans :)

Hopefully that all makes sense..

I saw the fan adapter, but still not too sure on size limitations.
Let me try to get a reference picture today.

I get the idea about high CFM fans and radiators.
My old setup had a D-TEK Customs big *** heatercore with push-pull system.
I guess the GT Stealth has the fins closer together.

[edit]After checking out some pictures, it seems I will have to keep the rack for 5.25" and 3.5" drives. The faceplates are held in there. So it's either workaround it, or create custom panels. Just like the guy did I got my idea's from.[/edit]

Last edited:
Back