• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Identifying q6600 batch #

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csplinter

Registered
I just got my new q6600 in from clubIT. BTW, I wouldn't trust these guys, I ordered this http://clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA1938460&nav=3# , it says nothing about "pulled" or, refurbished or anything, but the chip they sent me has fingerprints and a non-intel sticker on it. It didn't come in intel's oem packaging. The foam beneath the chip is cut to wide and is curling up on the edge. It's obviously been used. If this chip isn't awesome I'm going to try to get them to exchange it for another one. Anyway, I was hoping to get some help identifying the batch number of my chip. The chip says, line by line,

"INTEL (M)(C) '05 Q6600
INTEL (R) CORE tm2 QUAD
SLACR MALAY
2.40GHZ/8M/1066/05A
L752B315 (04)"

All that is written on the heat spreader, the following is written below on the pcb itself

"3580257
5A1071"

Is "L752B315" the batch number? If so can anyone tell me anything about this chip? I get no results on google.

I believe the batch number is L752B315 (04) portion of the info on the heat spreader. I know I may get flamed for this but I have never been one to subscribe to the batch number game.

Yeah, L752B is the batch number. I don't see that batch listed in Brollock's Q6x00 VID thread. Try oc'ing it and let us know how it does.

Also, what you bought was an OEM chip. OEM or "tray" processors are just sold with the chip itself, no heatsink, no box. Also OEM processors typically have short warranties, something like one year, that one says 90 days, so there ya go. As soon as you overclock it the warranty (at least through intel) is void.

Be sure you have some good cooling before you overclock. Quads put out lots of heat.

Yeah, L752B is the batch number. I don't see that batch listed in Brollock's Q6x00 VID thread. Try oc'ing it and let us know how it does.

Also, what you bought was an OEM chip. OEM or "tray" processors are just sold with the chip itself, no heatsink, no box. Also OEM processors typically have short warranties, something like one year, that one says 90 days, so there ya go. As soon as you overclock it the warranty (at least through intel) is void.

Be sure you have some good cooling before you overclock. Quads put out lots of heat.

Thanks for the info. For the record though, this definitely is NOT intel packaging, and there are fingerprints and smudges all over it. I've never bought a retail processor in my life, always oem. I'm not mistaken. This thing isn't new. I'm heading home from work now, I'll let you guys know how this thing fares.

Good luck. If in the end it oc's well who cares?

That's how I'm trying to think about this, but I can't help but worry about what this chip might have been through already with it's widely talked about overclockability. Can a chips stability be permanently damaged by overclocking, or is it a works/doesn't work situation?

well dont quote me on this, but i think ive heard of like one of the cores being damaged through overvoltage (waaaay overvoltage) but the overall processor still running.

Try sending it through a quick prime 95 small ffts at stock to make sure its good before you overclock and kill your warrenty

Starting on the first chip now, this one was already installed before a began so, I'll have to reveal the batch number later. The VID is 1.3250.

For the moment the chip is running at
Well my computer just crashed, I can finish writing this post thanks to the awesomeness of firefox's session restore. Had to up the voltage. Was gonna say

3.3ghz 1.4v but now I've bumped it to
3.3ghz, 1.45v, 75c on two cores 71c on two cores, 15mins in to prime95

This first chip isn't looking very promising at all. Besides waiting and seeing that my computer doesn't crash this time, how can I ensure that the instability wasn't caused by a component besides the cpu?

Identifying q6600 batch

Liquid cooling will never get below room temp so in that case there will be no condensation.

As a side note nice rig.:screwy:

I am just pleased with my q6600 running at 3.0GHz at default voltages. Still no issues to this day.:santa2:

Back