• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Identifying T-FORCE Vulcan RAM (Micron)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brainsoft

Registered
First OC in over 15 years, first new computer 8. I have had to do so much research just to get caught up! Moving from Core 2 Duo (upgraded to Quad last year) has been a big leap.

Not sure if this will show in the signature but here's my build:

AMD Ryzen 2600 @ 4.0Ghz w/ Captain 240mm AIO
Asus Rog STRIX B450-F Gaming
16GB T-Force Vulcan 3000mhz CL16-18-18-38 TLRED416G3000HC16CDC01
MSI Radeon RX570 8gb
512GB Samsung EVO 970 M2
EVGA G3 650W Gold+

CPU is happy at 4ghz, still working on dropping voltage once I get the RAM maxed out.

I did not spring for the Samsung b-die ram but at this point I am very happy with the ram at XMP 3000 CL16-18-18-18-38. Typhoon Burner says I have Micron Ram with MT40A ICs, but I don't know how to tell what Die I have.

snap2018-12-1161511AM.png

I read somewhere that Samsung b-die was single sided 8GB, so I took a shot in the dark and used the Micron b-die settings in DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.4.0.1 while I was getting rounding errors in P95 Blend at 3200, surprisingly everything seemed to run great at 3400. I could benchmark no problem and stresstest in AIDA. I could run blend for a couple of hours, but if I ever left it on overnight it would crash. I finally switched to memtest86 and immediately started getting errors, so I have moved back to square one with the RAM.

I'm wondering if there is any info from Typhoon burner I can use to populate DRAM Calculator more accurately and shave out a few steps. So far using Micron b-die settings for anything give ram errors in memtest86.

Currently I have opened my primary timings right up to CL20-22-22-48 and I'm slowing making my way up, playing on the BLCK side this time. This board auto tuned to 106 so that's the highest I'll go on this side before going back to 100 and moving the multiplier. Todays test is ram 15.00x106mhz = 3178mhz, putting CPU at 3.6. Once I can answer any questions about the RAM construction and IC I am going to move to a new thread over in AMD land.

Woomack has had some recent Micron RAM I'm pretty sure he tested on AM4 or TR4 he could probably help you out

You can't really base on that calculator in all cases as it wasn't tested on all IC, especially Micron. New memory kits are usually based on D/E Micron die and there is not a single pattern which can be used in all these kits. CL20-22-22 or 20-23-23 works good on new E die which comes in memory with SPD 2666. On 2400 it often works too but at a bit different sub timings and not always at the same frequency. Sometimes have to set more relaxed timings like tRFC or tFAW.

This is as close to your IC as I could find in my tests - Hyperx 2933 4x8GB and ASRock X470 Taichi:

KHX_Fury_2933_s1.jpg

KHX_Fury_2933_oc1.jpg

Last edited:
Back