• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If I was to open a business, what would you want?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheDarkElf

Registered
Hi,
I am in the process of starting a business reselling PC Cooling Supplies and i wanted to get information from you the customer, on what you would like me to carry. I personally think there should be more business to consumer interactivity. So please suggest items that would like to see me carry.

Thanks,
-TheDarkElf

RobStyle

Baybus's, temp monitors, silent as can be for the price fans, drive bay/slot covers, stealth drive bay conversions...

surly

Registered
competitively priced fans, thats all I really look for in cooling stores.

OP
T

TheDarkElf

Registered
since, this will be a home run business, i will have lower running costs,overhead, etc. I should be able to give competively priced fans and heat sinks. My main focus will be on fans and heat sinks.

Tmod

TheDarkElf

All that sounds good to me.

I would imagine that you will carry middle line performance and price cooling supplies as well.

How about PSU's

I wish you luck and let us know when it is up and running.

OP
T

TheDarkElf

Registered
Due to the amount of start up capital I currenty have, i wil not be able to supply Power Supplys at the moment. In the future, i may carry them.

The business will be up and running in about 2-3 weeks, i'll let you people know when its up.

I'm thinking of making a Fan and Cooling forum on my site where people can discuss the products I will carry. They could also make suggestions on what products to add to my inventory. I think this interactivity will be good.

country_3030

I think you should carry parts for extreme cooling and all listed above. Would it be nice to beable to buy everything form the same store or website.

Tmod

TheDarkElf

I will be purchasing some cooling componets shortly and I would like to know if you will be carrying the 80mm Deltas with a 4 pin power connector as well as a 3 pin connector for the RPM signal.

Where will this business be operated from? State or Country

OP
T

TheDarkElf

Registered
The business will be operated from McLean, Virginia. It is a city in Northern Virginia.

I may carry the Deltas or the Vantecs , i am looking at these

Vantec Tornado Case Fan TD8038H, 80X80X38mm, Double Ball Bearing, 5700 RPM, 84.1 CFM 55.2 dB

Delta FFB0812EHE 5700rpm
CFM80.2
dB52.5

Delta FFB0812SHE 4900rpm
CFM68.5
dB48.5

rustymaitland

TheDarkElf said:
Due to the amount of start up capital I currenty have, i wil not be able to supply Power Supplys at the moment. In the future, i may carry them.

The business will be up and running in about 2-3 weeks, i'll let you people know when its up.

I'm thinking of making a Fan and Cooling forum on my site where people can discuss the products I will carry. They could also make suggestions on what products to add to my inventory. I think this interactivity will be good.

your last statement is probably the most important and can help you greatly as a business person.
3 words stand out for me here: discuss, suggestion and interactivity.
people like to interact and share thoughts with one another and it will help you in the long run if you know first hand what people want.
good luck!! ;)

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
Welcome to the forums!
You should really have posted this in "General Discussion" or "Vendor Discussion". You'd probably get more attention in either of those two sections.

kent_b29

I would look for compitively priced fans and heatsinks. maybe cases, that would be nice. Also it would be good to carry, rheobus, baybus, thermal pastes, fan adapters. All of the little things as well. When I look for cooling stuff, I want to be able to get it all in one spot, not just a heatsink here and a few fans there, and my artic silver 3 somewhere else. So make sure you carry a good selection of different products. that's my .02 and good luck,

Kent

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
International express shipping for people like me & maybe the right kind of rheostats for the high output fans.

OP
T

TheDarkElf

Registered
After much thinking, this is what i say my tentative shipping policy will be:

I will ship all items the Next Day by USPS Priority Mail(2-3day) with delivery confirmation. I am shipping all items the next day because I do not want to end up where, I cannot ship the same day leaving the customer dissapointed. I find it as more of a safegaurd. Priority mail is the best deal for this speed of shipping and WILL deliver on saturdays at no extra cost. That is a big plus of the service. At this point, I will not ship out international for logistical reasons.

Orders under one pound will be shipped at the REAL cost, which is $3.85 Items above one pound will shipped according to USPS Priority mail charts.

Tmod

I agree on the shipping using USPS. They are very reasonable and the times I have had my packages sent Priority USPS it was cheaper than UPS ground.

Referring to those Delta fans.

I am looking for the Delta FFB0812SHE, But the most important thing for me is the RPM signal connector. The only place that I have seen this combination is at heatsinkfactory.com.

Illah

Take note of the 'Thermal Compound Shootout' thread somewhere in this forum (it's recent). See the Shin Etsu thermal coumpunds? Right now there is some debate as to whether or not it really is significantly better than Arctic Silver 3, but in any case it is at least as good as Arctic Silver 3.

It's definetely a company you'll wanna talk to. If it proves itself as a just-as-good alternative to AS3 - or if it proves to be even better - being the only overclocking related site to carry it would be a nice draw for new customers to come check your site out.

Just a suggestion ;)

--Illah

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
yes i think that carrying cheep silicones, artic silver and also a few high preformance alternatives is a good idea. also you may want to consider at a later date some extreme cooling supplies water blocks for one and tec's. also prehaps some of the more common supplies for making phase coolers, such as 1/4" and 3/8" copper tubing(maybe maybe not it can be aquired at most hardware stores), schrader valves, medium and small capilary tubing, prehaps a bbq to refridgeration kit, compressors(kinda going out on the edge here), and prefab condensors if you want clarification on this one contact me. also carrying 172mm fans is probably a good idea aswell.

OP
T

TheDarkElf

Registered
Tmod, i'm sorry but i can't seem to find a distributor that will carry those rpm signal connectors. When I am able to find one, i will put it on the site.

big_bertha

just some advice from a frequent shopper. have a draw item. one thing that few other places have but everyone wants. if i have to come to your page to get it then i will probably pick up some other crap i was going to order anyways since i can get it shipped all in 1 shot. its easier that way. as far as items, for general stuff like fans a good selection is important. it is also good to see other things like 92 to 80 and 120 to 80 fan adapers sicne they are dirt cheep but are harder to find sicne people only like to carry the 60 to 80 adapeter.

one other thing that i rally like, but maybe others dont care as much about. i totally cut my PSU to peices and reattached new molex connectors so that all the wires fit exactly. if you had some do it yourself molex ends (3 and 4 pin) that would be good. if you had gold ends for the molex plugs (like enermax) then that would be great to buy in bulk.

as well. does anyone know where to buy the "crimp your own" atx mobo connector and pins. i made all the 4 pin connectors to size but this big mofo is just too long :)

thats my $12.43