• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if pc4800 is anywhere pls fill me in!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i have a new cpu coming soon and want 1:1 with it at 280-290fsb
so far only hyperam4200 is all im looking at.

pls let it hit the shelves this week!
komousa says they have ddr566 but isnt stabile enough to release.

ocz guys any good news? anyone?

OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
Needitcooler said:
SVC.com has the OCZ EL-4400 that can hit those speeds. And it only costs $467.00 for a gig. What a deal.

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/ocz5501024eldcgle-k.html
no thanks id rather smoke my money away than pay that.

still looks like hyperam is met best bet.

also guys just as a question,when my new ram gets here ill be selling my current sticks.
originaly bought as kingston value ram 2x512 pc2700
but its the hynix bt-d43 ics that do 264fsb 1mhz shy of pc4200
what should i be asking for them?
and pls dont be sending me pm's for them ill list them in the classifieds when im ready to sell.

doc6886

Does it reach 264mhz with 3.2v? If it does, then what can it reach at 2.9v? I really don't want to do the Vdimm mod.

DamienKC

deathstar13 said:
and pls dont be sending me pm's for them ill list them in the classifieds when im ready to sell.

*sigh* If only I could see the classified.

flapperhead

Needitcooler said:
SVC.com has the OCZ EL-4400 that can hit those speeds. And it only costs $467.00 for a gig. What a deal.

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/ocz5501024eldcgle-k.html

hahaha good one.. seriously ive been nagging sean @ ocz and randy at komusa.. for pc4800 sean says soon and randy told me the same thing that their adata pc4800 based modules are unstable..the el pc4400 is primo stuff.. many can go 300+ but for that kind of cash i WANT a sure thing..

OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
flapperhead said:
hahaha good one.. seriously ive been nagging sean @ ocz and randy at komusa.. for pc4800 sean says soon and randy told me the same thing that their adata pc4800 based modules are unstable..the el pc4400 is primo stuff.. many can go 300+ but for that kind of cash i WANT a sure thing..
i hate to say it but i would pay premium prices for pc4800 atm.i need a sure thing ram also.and when dealing with 2x512mb sticks its even harder finding good ocing sticks.
im not gonna pay $400+ for a gig and not be posative it will do 290fsb.

i wonder if randy would sell me some of that pc4800 spec'ed at pc4200 speeds.
i dont know if you understand what im getting at? sell me the stuff the are trying to get stable and just warrenty it at the current rams specs?since they are smaller and more than helpfull to ocers think there is a chance?
i may send him an email today asking.

still anyone want to give me some ideas on what to ask for my ram when i do sell it?
it does 264fsb 1:1 3.0-4-4-8 2.7v
260fsb 1:1 2.5-4-4-7 2.7v
230+ 1:1 2.5-3-2-5 2.7v

i havent tried lower and it doesnt like higher voltages.

flapperhead

deathstar13 said:
i hate to say it but i would pay premium prices for pc4800 atm.i need a sure thing ram also.and when dealing with 2x512mb sticks its even harder finding good ocing sticks.
im not gonna pay $400+ for a gig and not be posative it will do 290fsb.

i wonder if randy would sell me some of that pc4800 spec'ed at pc4200 speeds.
i dont know if you understand what im getting at? sell me the stuff the are trying to get stable and just warrenty it at the current rams specs?since they are smaller and more than helpfull to ocers think there is a chance?
i may send him an email today asking.

still anyone want to give me some ideas on what to ask for my ram when i do sell it?
it does 264fsb 1:1 3.0-4-4-8 2.7v
260fsb 1:1 2.5-4-4-7 2.7v
230+ 1:1 2.5-3-2-5 2.7v

i havent tried lower and it doesnt like higher voltages.

as far as i know they were just test/samples ,nothing in the way of a shipment.. as for price of ur stuff, maybe what u paid for them (if it isnt too much)

bigtoe33

Registered
If your looking for DDR600 the 4400Gold is tested VERY close to it.We have a limited number of testbeds that will do it so this is why the modules are a little more expensive.

Our DDR600 stock is limited but the 4400Gold is from the same pile so its as good as it gets ;)

OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
bigtoe33 said:
If your looking for DDR600 the 4400Gold is tested VERY close to it.We have a limited number of testbeds that will do it so this is why the modules are a little more expensive.

Our DDR600 stock is limited but the 4400Gold is from the same pile so its as good as it gets ;)
im gonna give that a look today,and ty for the inside help :)
i forgot you was even here as mostly sean sticks in my head.
is there a prefered way to obtain these or just do the newegg ritual?

flapper i paid $160 for the gig and i kow they have to be worth more. im guessing $200 myself that sound close someone would be willing to pay?

"edit" http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1
$185 and $386 really isnt bad prices im rather suprised.

so now the hard part is picking which the hyperam pc4200 or ocz LE gold?
i dont expect bigtoe to answer that btw.
but anyone feel the extra $100 is justified?
and anyone know the ic's on the ocz sticks?

i feel the extra $100 is worth it even tho the hyperam is great.ocz puts out some amazing sticks and i just need an excuse to try them :)

Last edited:
OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
doc6886 said:
Wait a little bit and you can get RAM like this that can reach near 400mhz :D http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040719/intel_925xe-04.html

dude thats ddr2 and no i wont be going intel 775 anytime soon.

i need this ram in 1 week.
in order to max this new cpu out i need 300fsb 1:1
its a 3.0E and 15x on the multi and im almost possitive it will do 4.5ghz
if i cant get ram to do 290-300fsb then i might as well keep my bt-d43
but i want 1:1!!!!

flapperhead

deathstar13 said:
im gonna give that a look today,and ty for the inside help :)
i forgot you was even here as mostly sean sticks in my head.
is there a prefered way to obtain these or just do the newegg ritual?

flapper i paid $160 for the gig and i kow they have to be worth more. im guessing $200 myself that sound close someone would be willing to pay?

"edit" http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1
$185 and $386 really isnt bad prices im rather suprised.

so now the hard part is picking which the hyperam pc4200 or ocz LE gold?
i dont expect bigtoe to answer that btw.
but anyone feel the extra $100 is justified?
and anyone know the ic's on the ocz sticks?

i feel the extra $100 is worth it even tho the hyperam is great.ocz puts out some amazing sticks and i just need an excuse to try them :)

200 is a very reasonable price, especially since the adata pc4000 is 140.00 for 512... the komusa adata pc4200 is really nice for the money. but it tops out 280/290 mhz. that comes straight from randy's mouth (at least he's honest). I want ddr600 . if the ddr600 chips are on the el pc4400 , thats where i gotta go... actually the only modules ive ever seen run 300 mhz STABLE with 1 exception, is the ocz...

Last edited:
OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
flapperhead said:
200 is a very reasonable price, especially since the adata pc4000 is 140.00 for 512... the komusa adata pc4200 is really nice for the money. but it tops out 280/290 mhz. that comes straight from randy's mouth (at least he's honest). I want 600 mhz. if the 600 mhz chips are on the el pc4400 , thats where i gotta go... actually the only modules ive ever seen run 300 mhz STABLE with 1 exception, is the ocz...
hey what mobo you running? i use the ic7 and thats my problem i love the mobo but need the vdimm mod. i dont like volt mods as one mistake its bye bye mobo.id buy the ram booster but with the ic7 the vtt tracking goes wrong and then needs modded.might as well do it all myself.
unless anyone is getting 3vdimm without issues on the ic7 with the booster and no vtt mod.
komusa i really like their style as i do ocz's in how they deal with customers :)

its really gonna kill me to pay top price for ram.i dont ever buy top of the line premium priced stuff unless i have to and i think this may be one of those times.

flapperhead

doc6886 said:
Get the OCZ DDR Booster

that will help some but deathstar has 2 issue's my friend. 1 the vtt voltage on the ic7 doesnt trak correctly therefore boosting ddr voltage helps,but not as much as it should. secondly the ic's on this very hi overclocking memory really doesnt go any faster over around 2.9v.

deathstar i hear where ur coming from. i think ocz is a dynamite comany, my problem is i have a modded out ic7- vdimm/vtt/vagp/northbridge extra caps.. the works. that with a 2.4c on a prommy and ur looking at 330/335 fsb. so im really really tempted to get the el but if it only runs 298 (great for anyone else). im gonna feel cheated cause i got 30/35 mhz to go. maybe sean or bigtoe will bin a set at 300+ for an extra charge... ??? flapperundecided

OP
deathstar13

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
flapperhead said:
that will help some but deathstar has 2 issue's my friend. 1 the vtt voltage on the ic7 doesnt trak correctly therefore boosting ddr voltage helps,but not as much as it should. secondly the ic's on this very hi overclocking memory really doesnt go any faster over around 2.9v.

deathstar i hear where ur coming from. i think ocz is a dynamite comany, my problem is i have a modded out ic7- vdimm/vtt/vagp/northbridge extra caps.. the works. that with a 2.4c on a prommy and ur looking at 330/335 fsb. so im really really tempted to get the el but if it only runs 298 (great for anyone else). im gonna feel cheated cause i got 30/35 mhz to go. maybe sean or bigtoe will bin a set at 300+ for an extra charge... ??? flapperundecided
flapper you know my position im in exactly.ddr booster wont help me much,mabey a little but not with 300fsb ram. bh5 would be a differant story but still would be useing a devider.

id hate to be in your position.you wont ever find ram to run 330 1:1 i dont think,not ddr1 anyhow.id just go with some bh5 and volt it do its near death.
id like to have binned el gold also but man its gonna be hard for me to wanna pay $385 as it is for a gig let alone more.

now tell me what you think on this idea?
i keep my bt-d43 1 gig set and use it for everyday running at 5:4 240fsb 2.5-4-3-5 and buy 2x256 el gold pc4400 for benching and 3dmarking 1:1?
i know the 256mb sticks will oc better than the 512mb sticks.
i dont like the idea of ram swapping alot and nor will it be cheaper as i cant sell my bt-d43's so about same cost. :(

i dont know this wont be an easy decision.

btw just so you know i put an email in yesterday to shikaram to find any usa resellers. worth looking into but i have higher hopes with the ocz sticks.

flapperhead

deathstar13 said:
flapper you know my position im in exactly.ddr booster wont help me much,mabey a little but not with 300fsb ram. bh5 would be a differant story but still would be useing a devider.

id hate to be in your position.you wont ever find ram to run 330 1:1 i dont think,not ddr1 anyhow.id just go with some bh5 and volt it do its near death.
id like to have binned el gold also but man its gonna be hard for me to wanna pay $385 as it is for a gig let alone more.

now tell me what you think on this idea?
i keep my bt-d43 1 gig set and use it for everyday running at 5:4 240fsb 2.5-4-3-5 and buy 2x256 el gold pc4400 for benching and 3dmarking 1:1?
i know the 256mb sticks will oc better than the 512mb sticks.
i dont like the idea of ram swapping alot and nor will it be cheaper as i cant sell my bt-d43's so about same cost. :(

i dont know this wont be an easy decision.

btw just so you know i put an email in yesterday to shikaram to find any usa resellers. worth looking into but i have higher hopes with the ocz sticks.

that sounds like a good idea.. only thing is with these ic7's is that as u get to 300 fsb 5/4 doesnt want to work. this seems to be a big prob with this mb. 3/2 and 1-1 runs fine over 300. the only fix is i know of is to run the northbrigde at like 1.98 volts.. well, needless to say the mb aint gonna last.
as for getting ram to run 330 1-1, i know thats expecting too much but 315 may be possible, cause some of these ic's on this ocz is out of this world. only prob is finding the right ones...