• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you could ask Bill Gates any question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ask him: "Why is a manhole cover round?" (yeah the ones on the street)

That should make him laugh and if he get's it wrong he should be fired (that was one of the questions they asked potential employees during the interview, along with other questions like How would you move a mountain..).

From what I heard it's not the answer they are interested in, it's your thought process. They want people who can 'think outside the box' so to speak. So there is no right or wrong answer they just want to see how creative you can be and they probably want a reasonable answer (ie not contact a bunch of high tech aliens). There is a book called "How Would You Move Mount Fuji?" that is all about the questions M$ asks during the interviews.

Read more about it on "the screen savers" website: here

Waited in line to see Billy. Got in the second row about 20 feet from him (most of the seats were reserved). Was pretty much bored by what he had to say. And worst of all, in the end of his thing, he only fielded like 3 questions, which had to be handed in before the speaking even started. He didn't answer my question because a bunch of kids from a private school for underpriviliged children were there and only their questions were answered.

Overall, unimpressive.

The best thing that happened was that Michael Robertson, CEO of Lindows, was there handing out a "Fact sheet on Bill Gates and Microsoft Corporation," that had all the fun facts that makes Microsoft out to be the antichrist. One of the guys near me asked for his autograph. The autograph looked like it said RSA and all us geeks laughed and made comments like "he must have encrypted his autograph for added security."

And yes, there was a guy in the very front row bearing a t-shirt with a penguin on it.

DaddyB said:
Ask him: "Why is a manhole cover round?" (yeah the ones on the street)

That should make him laugh and if he get's it wrong he should be fired (that was one of the questions they asked potential employees during the interview, along with other questions like How would you move a mountain..).

He would have laughed, and I think its a brilliant question actually. My favorite was how many manholes are their in New York City.

Krusty said:
Waited in line to see Billy. Got in the second row about 20 feet from him (most of the seats were reserved). Was pretty much bored by what he had to say. And worst of all, in the end of his thing, he only fielded like 3 questions, which had to be handed in before the speaking even started. He didn't answer my question because a bunch of kids from a private school for underpriviliged children were there and only their questions were answered.

Overall, unimpressive.

The best thing that happened was that Michael Robertson, CEO of Lindows, was there handing out a "Fact sheet on Bill Gates and Microsoft Corporation," that had all the fun facts that makes Microsoft out to be the antichrist. One of the guys near me asked for his autograph. The autograph looked like it said RSA and all us geeks laughed and made comments like "he must have encrypted his autograph for added security."

And yes, there was a guy in the very front row bearing a t-shirt with a penguin on it.

Bill has never been a great speech giver, his one big fault actually, so that doesn't sound too odd. I would love to see the fact sheet the Lindows guy had as well.

William said:

Bill has never been a great speech giver, his one big fault actually, so that doesn't sound too odd. I would love to see the fact sheet the Lindows guy had as well.

I've still got it. I'm too lazy to type it up, but I can scan it if someone is willing to host a couple of huge black and white images.

EDIT: What's with the blue stars?

EDIT2: Hoo-Ah!

Ask him why Longhorn is incompatible with all major MS Office and Productivity releases of the last 3 or 4 years, and why he expects businesses that are perfectly happy (or unhappy) with 2k / XP setups to pay Hojillions of dollars for licenses and upgrade fees for essentially the same functionality.

Yes, 'hojillions'.

need that fact sheet hosted? send me a PM i can sure host it for ya if you want. later

i would ask. Mr gates, Why do YOU fear the penguin?

verbatim said:
My answer , of the top of my head to: How would u move a mountain? Would be "one piece at a time"

Blue stars=moderator.

actually, blue stars = senior member; green stars = moderator

hearing all this bill gates talk makes me want to go watch pirates of silicon valley :D

I still take my hat off to the guy who actually did get to ask him one question and asked why didnt you call your company big and hard - he is a true mac

my cousin used to have an office down the hall from him. he said every few days bill gates would walk by and stop in for a chat with him.

my cousin was an intern at the central office for a year or so. he has his person email addy if anyone is interested in asking their questions ;)

Why not switch to linux or unix? It has all these advantages over windows: [advantage list] :D

Back