• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED If you own a Geforce, post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
card name: Geforce 2 Pro
manufacturer: Powercolor
Video Ram: 64mb
card cooling: Slashed PIIIhs
voltage: stock
stock core/mem: 200/400
oc'd core/eme: 235/465
highest 3dmark : 4600

Dude, Larva- your FSB says 8750MHz on your Mad Onion score- sweet! :)

8750FSB x 16 (your estimated mult) = 140 GHz :burn: hahahahahahhahaha

Card Name: Geforce2 mx400 (OCI)
Brand: Visiontek
Video Ram: 64mb
Cooling: Stick
Stock core/mem: 200/162
Current core/mem: 200/162 (doesnt like being OC'ed)
Highest 3dmark: 2501

just so you know... Microstar is MSI.

also your performance rating thing should have something to do with the original clock speeds. otherwise a ti4600 could win every time just cause it ends up with the highest core/mem.

try this: =(H4/F4)+((I4/G4)/2)

trying to work in 3dmark so that its a factor but not a huge one. hmm.

this will take into account your efforts in tweaking your 3dmark score: =((H4/F4)+((I4/G4)/2))*(1000)+(M4/10)

this makes 3dmark about half your score if you are scoring into the 10,000's. if you are in the 5-7k range you will be penalized this way for not having a directx8 capable card since you will only recieve 500-700 points for your 3dmark.

i think its fair :)

Last edited:
card name: GeForce 3 Ti500
manufacturer: Visiontek
video ram: 64mb
card cooling: Air-cooled with ghetto standard oem AMD heatsink
stock core/memory clock speeds: 245/250
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: null
highest 3dmark score: 8865

Maxvla said:
just so you know... Microstar is MSI.

also your performance rating thing should have something to do with the original clock speeds. otherwise a ti4600 could win every time just cause it ends up with the highest core/mem.

try this: =(H4/F4)+((I4/G4)/2)

trying to work in 3dmark so that its a factor but not a huge one. hmm.

this will take into account your efforts in tweaking your 3dmark score: =((H4/F4)+((I4/G4)/2))*(1000)+(M4/10)

this makes 3dmark about half your score if you are scoring into the 10,000's. if you are in the 5-7k range you will be penalized this way for not having a directx8 capable card since you will only recieve 500-700 points for your 3dmark.

i think its fair :)

i am considering your idea about the change in speeds. the reason i am not going to make it the primary ranking is because i am hoping to make this a guide for performance for oc'ers looking for a nice oc card while still having great picture. sure you may be able to oc an older card a ton, but it still won't have the quality that a newer one does. that's just where i am coming from on that. the reason i do not want to include the 3dmark scores is because they do not indicate just the performance of the video card, but the whole computer and that isn't my point. i am not slamming your ideas, but that is just my logic beihind it.

*edit: i added another column "o/c rating". they are not put in order by that column. the way you read it is the higher the number, the better the o/c on the card. a ranking of " - " means that they did not o/c the card.*

Last edited:
mbentley said:

i am considering your idea about the change in speeds. the reason i am not going to make it the primary ranking is because i am hoping to make this a guide for performance for oc'ers looking for a nice oc card while still having great picture. sure you may be able to oc an older card a ton, but it still won't have the quality that a newer one does. that's just where i am coming from on that. the reason i do not want to include the 3dmark scores is because they do not indicate just the performance of the video card, but the whole computer and that isn't my point. i am not slamming your ideas, but that is just my logic beihind it.

*edit: i added another column "o/c rating". they are not put in order by that column. the way you read it is the higher the number, the better the o/c on the card. a ranking of " - " means that they did not o/c the card.*
my thinking is that the change in speeds indicates the overclockability of the card and thus the performance. granted you can overclock older cards and they aren't as good of quality but people should realize they are not of the same generation and thus the scores don't mix between say gf4ti's and gf2mx's, etc.

having the change in speed in the performance rating rewards people for having a great o/cing card, voltmods, cooling mods, etc. i don't think it would be fair to someone who has a ti4200 250/444 that reaches 320/600 through various mods if you could just go to the store and whip out a ti4600 and win without even taking it out of the box.

maybe make a rating for just the video card then for 3dmark have a seperate one done like how i suggested above.

this would give a good picture of pure video performance and total system performance all in the same table.

card name: Geforce 4 Ti 4600
manufacturer: Sparkle
video ram: 128mb
card cooling: nvidia reference cooling
voltage: nvidia reference
stock core/memory clock speeds: 300 / 650
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 310/740
highest oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 320/750 no additional cooling, but my PSU sux and I'm gettin random rebooting at these speeds :(

Card name: G4 ti4600
Manufacturer: Asus
Video ram:128
Card cooling:stock
Voltage:stock
Stock core/mem:300/650
O/C core/mem stable:325/750
3DMark:13198

card name: geforce 3 Ti 200
manufacturer: creative
card cooling: stock
stock core/memory clock speeds: 175/400
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 240/550
highest 3dmark score: 8724

Card Name) GeForce 4 TI4600
Manufacturer) Chaintech
Video ram) 128mb 2.8ns
Card Cooling) Stock gold plated HSF
Voltage) Stock
Stock core/memory clock speed) 300/650
OCed core/memory clock speed) 320/730
3Dmark) 12689

Last edited:
mbentley said:
okay, since i saw someone making a post as to why there is no topic like the radeon one for the geforce cards, i decided to make one

Did I start this? I mentioned about there wasnt one and all of a sudden one came up!

Re: Re: If you own a Geforce, post here

Anaxagoras1986 said:

Did I start this? I mentioned about there wasnt one and all of a sudden one came up!

yup, you sure did. i figured, why not! if there is one for ati, we could have one for the nvidia... afterall, a lot of people have these cards... i figured it was a great idea.

there has to be more of you out there who have geforce cards... they don't have to be oc'd. i would just like to make a geforce card guide to those looking at all different models of the geforce cards. thanks ahead of time.

card name: Geforce 4 Ti4200
manufacturer: PNY
card cooling: Thermaltake Copper Cooling
stock core/memory clock speeds: 250/500
oc'd core/memory clock speeds: 300/550
highest 3dmark score: 10,531

I plan to oc my card more, just taking it step by step testing stability :D

Last edited:
Back