• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you've overclocked a radeon 8500LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

i just got my radeon8500le from newegg today

(yes i know its cheap, that why i bought it)

because of some advice i got from a freind who overclocks alot, i bought a slot fan with the card.

my question is- How high can i go before its dangerous?????

he told me i can go to 320 but i think it sounds nuts. what do you guys think?????????

imput appritiated

Mr. Chambers

zabomb4163 said:
i just got my radeon8500le from newegg today

(yes i know its cheap, that why i bought it)

because of some advice i got from a freind who overclocks alot, i bought a slot fan with the card.

my question is- How high can i go before its dangerous?????

he told me i can go to 320 but i think it sounds nuts. what do you guys think?????????

imput appritiated

well.. good luck getting it to 320.. although its possible, but you'd have to have a heck of a card, and some very nice cooling - not to mention a vmod would almost be a must. most get them to 300/300 on air, stock... the only way you'd damage the card is if you ran for long periods of time without good cooling, or if you messed up on a volt mod and fried it that way.

funnyperson1

with a good upgrade of your gpu cooler, you could probably breach 300-310 on the core, and the memory should be fine past 300....but 320 is kinda iffy

Cisco Kid

thestramel said:
You'll need to upgrade the hsf for the gpu. A crystal orb would work quite nicely. You'll also need RAM sinks. The volt mod isn't absolutely necessary.

Ram sinks do absolutely nothing in most cases, mine will run 306/310 and that is what I scored my highest 3D mark score on, my sig shows it as 300/300 cause thats what I run all the time.

I think truly my card will run 310/315 with no volt mod but it does have an alpha IU cooler on the gpu with ASII on the gpu.

cisco kid

i will give a go you can bet that