• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ill ask here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bknight

am i wasting my time in overclocking my 1g
is the xp2000 hard to oc
do you unlock all amds bye way of the l1
my temps are runing at 89 to 93f case 71 to 73f is this ok
thank you

#1. No

#2. Not any harder, just not as much headroom.

#3. Not that simple on all AMDs (laser lock on xps require some filling and lead add-ons)

#4. Case temps and cpu temps are fine. Dead zone temps for cpu's is about 90c.

thank you for your help
how high can i go then on this 1g
on this kt3 ultra aru what is the biggest cpu i can go with?
and is the 300w too small for this comp? i am over clockling my comp, but it now wants to keep rebooting.
is it due to windows 2000, or voltage?

bknight said:
thank you for your help
and is the 300w too small for this comp? i am over clockling my comp, but it now wants to keep rebooting.

You'll probably get oc's to within about 10% of the K7 boards because the core voltage regulation on this board is not as good as it should be.
Your reboots are almost certainly due to PSU look to upgrade and if you intend getting a new proc look for 450-500W with 200W on 5&3.3V. This spec will be stated on the side of psu or website. If you cannot find a spec don't touch the psu.

bknight said:
thank you for your help

Could be your memory cant handle the overclock.

What brand of Ram do you use?

well i think the bestthing to do is look for a new psu ill try to get a xp1600 and the ram is sume cheap 2100 so far iv got 768m in this but the rebooting thing i think was a bad file that win 2000 did not like on the 1600 is there sumething i sould look for on a post sumeone said about y?? and make?? ty

More than likely if you get a 1600+ your memory is going to be the thing holding you back. With good cooling a locked 1600+ should be able to push that pc2100 memory beyond its limits. Even if you unlock it I would get faster memory since I would prefer FSB over a higher mult.

bknight said:
well i think the bestthing to do is look for a new psu ill try to get a xp1600 and the ram is sume cheap 2100 so far iv got 768m in this but the rebooting thing i think was a bad file that win 2000 did not like on the 1600 is there sumething i sould look for on a post sumeone said about y?? and make?? ty

Whatever you do DO NOT get cheap RAM and preferably not 2100. The KT3 is very fussy about RAM and the recommended brands are Crucial, Corsair and genuine Samsung. The use of generic RAM could cause problems and make your situation worse.

ill be looking for a new 1600 and sume new ramm deathknight i see you have 3200 and tiger 2700 is the 3200 new is it faster then the 2700 and is it hard to set it up in bios

Back