• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm a AMD 64 Virgin, And I need to know what to expect.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GigaHertzAddict

I just got my New AMD 64 2800+ and it's the Newcastle version because it end is AX right? The board that I bought with it is the abit-KV8. And I got 1GB of level One Mushkin PC3200 2-3-2. What can I expect from my setup? Will the CPU be able to do like 2.2GHz since it's a new stepping? More importantly will this motherboard allow such overclocking? I would set it up as 9x245 to get 2.2GHz. Is it true that 245MHz bus speed is very hard to get? Should I cool the chipset? If anyone has this board or PC please give me your advice. thanks.

I just got my system today andi had no problems at all. I can get 270HTT. With some tweaking and figuring out i can prob reach 300+.

The chipset got pretty hot for my comfort so i added a fan on the heatsink.

are the desktop newcastle cores overclocking better than the mobile claw hammers on average?

Back